PTO: [STL] F Nick Ritchie signs PTO with the Blues (released)

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I’d take him over most of the players currently playing on the Pens’ bottom-six. He takes bad penalties and looks disengaged a lot of the time, but there are very few players who are as strong as he is around the net.

Ritchie could definitely stay in the NHL if he made a concerted effort to be an enforcer type. He’ll still get some PP time as his net-front presence is his bread and butter.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I’d take him over most of the players currently playing on the Pens’ bottom-six. He takes bad penalties and looks disengaged a lot of the time, but there are very few players who are as strong as he is around the net.

Ritchie could definitely stay in the NHL if he made a concerted effort to be an enforcer type. He’ll still get some PP time as his net-front presence is his bread and butter.

Clearly you have never watched him play. There are many many players who are stronger around the net Nick Ritchie
You don't want him anywhere near the team

If he made an effort, he wouldn't be released or waived by multiple teams now. That argument can be made for like 100 of other players

Reactions: WreckedUm

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I personally like Brett Ritchie more. Won't put up the points like his younger brother, and isn't quite as tough, but he never disappears. He is always skating and checking, and I would say he is a good forechecker. Just doesn't have much skill. Adds solid toughness too.

If Nick played with as much effort as Brett, maybe he would be closer to a prime Lucic, rather than a PTO guy now. I am sure someone will pick him up, and probably in the east. Seems like more teams are loading up on toughness in the east.

SkeeterPumpkinEater

Dec 2, 2021
I personally like Brett Ritchie more. Won't put up the points like his younger brother, and isn't quite as tough, but he never disappears. He is always skating and checking, and I would say he is a good forechecker. Just doesn't have much skill. Adds solid toughness too.

If Nick played with as much effort as Brett, maybe he would be closer to a prime Lucic, rather than a PTO guy now. I am sure someone will pick him up, and probably in the east. Seems like more teams are loading up on toughness in the east.
They both funkin blow.

Reactions: WreckedUm

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

I also believe Brett Ritchie is the better of the Ritchie brothers.

Nick Ritchie’s defensive game has been absolute shit for some time now, the wheels have fell off. The best Nick could hope for is an AHL deal at this point as he has burned though 5 teams in just the last 4 seasons.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Yeah Brett is better at looking busy doing nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad