Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Lol at RNH over Tarasenko.
Age - RNH 25 > Tarasenko 27
Pos. RNH C > Tarasenko -RW
Goals RNH 10 > Tarasenko 9
Assists RNH 20 > Tarasenko 10
Salary RNH 6M > Tarasenko 7.5m *NMC 2019

I'm sure you'll want to respond with the Blues are just a bad team but RNH has been stuck on a Blues type team for his entire career.
Linemates? Jujhar Khaira and Jesse Puljujarvi......

Right now I would take RNH, especially considering Tarasenko's downward trend

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I'm sure you'll want to respond with the Blues are just a bad team but RNH has been stuck on a Blues type team for his entire career.

Lol.

Reactions: stl76 and mikeyp24

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
"risky for both sides"

How is giving up a bunch of mid-level prospects for a #1 defenseman risky in any way for the Oilers? That's 100% risk on the Blues
Because the Oilers aren't a lock to make the playoffs....

Parayko also isn't a #1, give me a break :laugh:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

Lmao nice job cherry picking their stats from this year but how about we look over their careers

Rnh 490 GP > Tarasenko 452 GP
Rnh 129 Goals < Tarasenko 187 Goals
Rnh 214 Assist > Tarasenko 183 Assist
Rnh 343 Points < Tarasenko 370 Points
2C < 1RW

So to summarize Tarasenko has scored 58 more goals and 27 more points in 38 less games but go on and tell me more about how RNH is the superior player.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Lmao nice job cherry picking their stats from this year but how about we look over their careers

2C < 1RW

So to summarize Tarasenko has scored 58 more goals and 27 more points in 38 less games but go on and tell me more about how RNH is the superior player.
You do know that some players just peak and decline at different ages, right?
It's not cherry picking when I'm talking about current play.

We can agree that Tarasenko's had a better career for sure but right now; RNH is the better player

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

We can agree that Tarasenko's had a better career for sure but right now; RNH is the better player

And I would have said that Backes was better than Ovechkin in 2010/11 (Ovechkin had a down season, and Backes was a beast that season). That doesn’t mean Backes was worth Ovechkin in a trade.

Reactions: stl76 and mikeyp24

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Tarasenko and Parayko

for

Draisaitl and Bouchard + Kassian (Cap Dump)
Draisaitl is better at hockey then 1 time 40 goal scorer who has never achieved a ppg season and is almost 28.

As much as I like Parayko, hes like a slightly better Nurse at best. Bouchard has the ability to be a 60 point dman in the NHL consistantly.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Because the Oilers aren't a lock to make the playoffs....

Parayko also isn't a #1, give me a break :laugh:
Missing the playoffs for one year isn't anywhere close to the risk of losing a dominant young defenseman for some prospects that likely will never come close to where Parayko is now.

Okay, then we'll keep "not #1 defenseman" Parayko, and you can go make that equivalent offer to another team for another "not #1 defenseman"

Reactions: Weiss1604

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

Yeah sure Tarasenko hasn't played up to snuff this year. Some things to remember though, he is coming off shoulder surgery over the summer and shooting at nearly 5% less than he career average. Your in here stating that the data over 30 games played this year overrides the 400+ games I posted above and makes RNH the more valuable player. It's just a silly argument on your part.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

2C < 1RW

RNH's career PPG is .7, Tarasenko's is .81. There's no doubt that Tarasenko is the better offensive player, not counting this season. RNH has the better contract, plays a more valuable position, is arguably better defensively and has been trending up. It's a lot closer then you realize.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Missing the playoffs for one year isn't anywhere close to the risk of losing a dominant young defenseman for some prospects that likely will never come close to where Parayko is now.

Okay, then we'll keep "not #1 defenseman" Parayko, and you can go make that equivalent offer to another team for another "not #1 defenseman"

If Payarko is a team's #1 Dman then they'll probably be near the bottom of the standings, oh wait.......

Not to bash Payarko but he's behind Pietrangelo for a reason.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Draisaitl is better at hockey then 1 time 40 goal scorer who has never achieved a ppg season and is almost 28.

As much as I like Parayko, hes like a slightly better Nurse at best. Bouchard has the ability to be a 60 point dman in the NHL consistantly.

Hate to break this to you but Draisaitl hasn't reached PPG status either and has yet to top 30 goals once. Something Tarasenko has done in each of the last 4 seasons.

What Bouchard is doing in Jr is impressive but you have to remember that it is Jr. A lot of players put up big numbers in Jr and then fail to perform at that level in the big league, Ty Rattie for instance.

In the proposed trade you were responding to the Blues would be the team assuming a lot of the risk while the Oilers are getting the established pieces. One reason the Oilers might say no to that deal is to point at the youth of the team and realize they have time to be patient and that would be fine reason to decline. However, acting like that deal isn't fair value if not slightly skewed in Edmonton's favor is a fallacy.

Reactions: Weiss1604

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
RNH's career PPG is .7, Tarasenko's is .81. There's no doubt that Tarasenko is the better offensive player, not counting this season. RNH has the better contract, plays a more valuable position, is arguably better defensively and has been trending up. It's a lot closer then you realize.

It's really not though.

Let's start with the more valuable position argument. Yes I will stipulate that a center is more valuable than a winger if all other things are near equal. They're not, RNH is very good player but he is at best a high end 2C and I believe that any true 1st line or 1st pair talent is more valuable than highest caliber 2nd line regardless of position. Also it is worth pointing out and correct me if I am wrong on this but hasn't RNH been playing a lot on McDavids wing?

On to the contract, your talking about a difference of 1.5 million dollars. I would argue that the gap between Tarasenko's and RNH production that the more team friendly contract is Tarasenko's. Goal scoring is always go to pay out more than assist and Tarasenko even on an extremely down year is only 1 goal behind RNHs in year that by your own words is an upward trending year for him.

So to summarize no it's not really that close. A much closer comparison would be a player of Draisaitl caliber. Most Blues fans and I view the difference between RNH and Tank similar to way you view the difference between RNH and Draisaitl.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

Theres a difference between better numbers and better player. Yes RNH for this 1 season has better numbers but Vlad his entire career and still currently is the better player.

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
Tarasenko and Parayko

for

Draisaitl and Bouchard + Kassian (Cap Dump)

Blues fan here and I admit this is intriguing. I would consider this for sure but theres a few issues. The blues center depth would be ridiculous so they'd want you to take a center back, whether it be a winger to replace tank or a draft pick. Problem is with paraykos and tanks contracts, theres absolutely no way you can afford to take on, say another 5 million in bozak too. Our rw depth would be pretty much depleted as well. I think you might have to include a guy like puljujarvi and talk about bozak or schenn in this if you really wanted to make it work.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
If Payarko is a team's #1 Dman then they'll probably be near the bottom of the standings, oh wait.......

Not to bash Payarko but he's behind Pietrangelo for a reason.
Wow.

Oliers fans are throwing shots about being at the bottom of the standings and not having a #1 dman.

Wow.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Parayko, Steen and Dunn for Larsson, Nurse and Sekera (cap). Blues downgrade a little on RD but gain on LD. Steen needs a change of scenery. Oilers upgrade on RD with a local boy, get a struggling LD, but with a high ceiling potential. Both teams swap unwanted contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad