Proposal: StL / Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Oilers cap space wouldn't allow it, even with the 4M increase next season.
But even if it did, just based on age alone, Edmonton probably doesn't do it.

Tarasenko is 3-time 70+ pt player, but he turns 27 tomorrow and has 5 years left on his contract. Draisaitl is already a 2-time 70+pt player, and he just turned 23, with 7 years left on his contract. We haven't see his prime yet.

Parayko is a solid d-man, I really like him. But Bouchard is truly a diamond in the ruff. He led all d-man last season in the OHL in pts (the most by a dman in 10 years). He got sent down last month and he is already the best player on the London Knights, which is a super team in that league. He leads the entire team in points per game, and is 2nd in the league of all d-men in P/PG.
Parayko has 4 years left on contract, while Bouchard, being a 19-year old, will be locked for at least the next decade.

St. Louis won't stay at the bottom. And those 2 will be paramount

Reactions: jgreen and MC2D

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I'd be will to take Kassian's contract from a StL perspective, if it helped with the cap and got the deal done.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
You’d have to remove Kassian and make Spooner the cap dump for it to work, but I think it’s an intriguing proposal. Not sure if I’d say yes from the Oil side, but a very fair deal.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Those are amazing pieces from the Blues but I don't think the Oilers would even entertain this trade the way they are playing right now.

Love to acquire Parayko somehow. 1st(unprotected), Puljuarvi/Yamamoto, Bear/Jones, and a cap dump(Sekera?)

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Those are amazing pieces from the Blues but I don't think the Oilers would even entertain this trade the way they are playing right now.

Love to acquire Parayko somehow. 1st(unprotected), Puljuarvi/Yamamoto, Bear/Jones, and a cap dump(Sekera?)

That doesn't even move the needle for me to move Parayko, Offers that land Parayko will hurt the heart to offer. Young top end talent costs a bunch.

Reactions: Homesick

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Parayko is a solid d-man, I really like him. But Bouchard is truly a diamond in the ruff.

I might not do the deal because I don't like the way Tarasenko has been playing lately, but Parayko should be easily preferred to Bouchard. If Bouchard becomes as good as Parayko we should be ecstatic. And Parayko is still young.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad