Proposal: STL-DET

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
st.louis:

Parayko

Detroit

2019 late 1st (received in Nyquist trade)
NYI 2019 2nd
Andreas Athanasiou

Is this close at all. Who and what needs to be added to bring parayko to Detroit

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
tumblr_owwyq2HFJh1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
value doesnt suck, bit less than parayko is worth but blues wont trade parayko unless its an overpayment

fits the current core and the future core too well

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
trading parayko and leaving a giant hole in our top 4 d isn't exactly a favorable outcome for the blues

the picks are nice and happytoseeyou is a tempting player, but it'd probably be turned down still

Reactions: Blueston

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
trading parayko and leaving a giant hole in our top 4 d isn't exactly a favorable outcome for the blues

the picks are nice and happytoseeyou is a tempting player, but it'd probably be turned down still

Ya reason I said it is because I’ve heard that the blues are really unhappy with there lack of prospects and I thought 2 picks picks would help in getting them more kicks at it. Also team speed seems to be a bit of an issue for them so AA becomes attractive. From a wings perspective I would prob add another 2nd or a forward prospect like bergren

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Ya reason I said it is because I’ve heard that the blues are really unhappy with there lack of prospects and I thought 2 picks picks would help in getting them more kicks at it. Also team speed seems to be a bit of an issue for them so AA becomes attractive. From a wings perspective I would prob add another 2nd or a forward prospect like bergren

We dont need forward prospects. At all. If anything we need d prospects but considering the trade is asking for a legit #2 right now searching for more prospects in the draft that are defensemen makes absolutely no sense

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I'd do it from a wings side obviously but I would think Hronek would have to go the other way

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Ya reason I said it is because I’ve heard that the blues are really unhappy with there lack of prospects and I thought 2 picks picks would help in getting them more kicks at it.

i'm not sure who your source is, but i think they're a little out of tune. blues are having issues, but mostly with their established players.

Also team speed seems to be a bit of an issue for them so AA becomes attractive. From a wings perspective I would prob add another 2nd or a forward prospect like bergren

team speed is certainly not an asset, but you still miss the mark here. if the blues gave up parayko, some defense would need to be a part of the trade. more forwards or picks does not address that.

Reactions: Weiss1604

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
And right on time is another Parayko to somewhere else thread.

Not interested in moving him, keep your picks. We have multiple young forward prospects each with development time post draft that fit the current cores time line better than the picks would. You know, kind of like Parayko himself.

Reactions: Weiss1604

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Parayko is as close to a top-pairing dman without being one that a player can be. He plays the biggest minutes for us this year and has always done so while Petro has been out. He’s been our best defenseman this year as well. It would take Larkin - whether or not that’s “fair value” is irrelevant.

Personally, my feeling is Parayko and Pietrangelo should be Blues for a long time considering both are top-30 at their position; not only are they valuable in a vacuum, but teams looking to acquire then would have to give us enough to replace them and more since we don’t have internal replacements. Trading either would likely put us on a rebuilding path, which we just can afford to do with most of our core being around 26-27.

Reactions: TK 421

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
bad for St. Louis. Also, odds of Nyquist returning a 1st are not great.

Parayko isn’t remotely near Larkin in Value
Not saying Detroit should ever consider dealing Larkin, but he is by far the closest player to Parayko the wings have in terms of 1-for-1 value.

The deal in the OP is laughably bad from a St. Louis perspective.

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Parayko's best hockey is ahead of him. Doubt if Army would part with Pietrangelo on shorter term for that offer at this point. Bortuzzo is fine as 3 RDman.

We could free up a LD. Gunnar is available for 3rd or Bouwmeister for 2nd, if he waives NMC, but that is about it. Blues anticipate the potential of loosing both of those LDmen next year.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Parayko's best hockey is ahead of him. Doubt if Army would part with Pietrangelo on shorter term for that offer at this point. Bortuzzo is fine as 3 RDman.

We could free up a LD. Gunnar is available for 3rd or Bouwmeister for 2nd, if he waives NMC, but that is about it. Blues anticipate the potential of loosing both of those LDmen next year.

Okay what about Dunn for a 2nd and a 4th?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad