Confirmed Trade: [STL/BUF] Ryan O'Reilly for 2019 1st, 2021 2nd, Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka, and Tage Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
TOtally a lot of ifs, but finally a lot of then appear likely. We will have to see though.

Oh and I have admitted that, several times in this thread even. However I still say look at Schneider for draft pick horvat And how the consensus turned a 180 in who won the trade after time not saying that’s going to happen here, this will most definitely be a loss but buffalo with there good first rounder from blues this yeR could definitely pick up a horvat quality second line center in the making and if Thompson becomes serviceable and a depth plyer (he has crAzy skill just low iq and no consistency) then it won’t be one of the worst trades ever like so many sAy.

I wish I could share your optimism. I don't.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I wish I could share your optimism. I don't.

I won’t have any optimism In me if this team doesent show progression in the second half of the coming year.

I hate saying this but the way the team is built right now with ya young the prospects are the two first rounders and yet again a new coach it may take another two yeRs for buffalo to get good if they do At all so a lot of people will lose their patience and mind but still be there.

I’d be willing to wait another three years if it meant the team was guaranteed to be better after them.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
No. It did make them significantly more competitive. Fact.

And like a GM with an actual plan, he put the pillars in place so that Eichel and Reinhart weren’t forced to carry everything from day 1 while also making the team competitive. Draft picks well spent.

Murray’s failures were in basics of hiring people, communicating and running the organization, not trading for talent.
Absolutely that plus I believe he was given the axe a season to early. He had a design and couldn't see it through.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I won’t have any optimism In me if this team doesent show progression in the second half of the coming year.

I hate saying this but the way the team is built right now with ya young the prospects are the two first rounders and yet again a new coach it may take another two yeRs for buffalo to get good if they do At all so a lot of people will lose their patience and mind but still be there.

I’d be willing to wait another three years if it meant the team was guaranteed to be better after them.

Second half? They need to show progress from the drop of the puck on opening night.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Second half? They need to show progress from the drop of the puck on opening night.

Yeah but what I meant is the second half means more, (not in points but in perception) look at this year if we started with our second half and then our second half was our first half and we had the ten game winning streak in the second half we would be frustrated that we were so far back sure but we would be thinking maybe they’re coming around. So that’s all I’m saying, that and the fact it’s a new coach and it takes time to learn the system but at least he’s coming in early so they should be a full month ready with the system in place if not more, however there really is no practice like NHL games so it’s still going to take 10-15 games for everyone to learn it. This is a tough league there literally are no easy games.

Last year the fans booed our team off the ice on opening night and I know I’m mr positivity and I know we lost 4-0, but that was to likely the Stanley cup champions. And it was right after they lost 7-0 the night before to the caps on their banner night. Not only were their legs going from the night before and we were all stiff but I remember that game and there were large parts of the first half where Buffalo was the better team. It’s just the result that made the fans boo, the. 4-0 loss.

And I get it, we’re tired it’s somewhaf justified. I just think that was an example of fans not understanding that when you play a team who is a good team (like I said let alone maybe the team that goes all the way) and they get embarrassed last night, the tip is you absolutely NEVER want to be the next game they play especially if it’s the next gift because nothing wipes bad taste out of your mouth like a blowout loss then coming up big on the road the very next night.

I used to travel with teams and you couldn’t smile, you couldn’t speak, you could barely eat if you lost a game if effects you on the bus, it effects everything and I know it’s the NH so these guys could likely speak on the plane and all that but they’re still professiinals who want s good vibe and his is a long explanation of a simple thing but I’ve wanted to get this off my chest since it happened.

Since you mentioned opening night I thought I’d share that but yes as far as effort goes, I want to see it from opening night.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah but what I meant is the second half means more, (not in points but in perception) look at this year if we started with our second half and then our second half was our first half and we had the ten game winning streak in the second half we would be frustrated that we were so far back sure but we would be thinking maybe they’re coming around. So that’s all I’m saying, that and the fact it’s a new coach and it takes time to learn the system but at least he’s coming in early so they should be a full month ready with the system in place if not more, however there really is no practice like NHL games so it’s still going to take 10-15 games for everyone to learn it. This is a tough league there literally are no easy games.

Last year the fans booed our team off the ice on opening night and I know I’m mr positivity and I know we lost 4-0, but that was to likely the Stanley cup champions. And it was right after they lost 7-0 the night before to the caps on their banner night. Not only were their legs going from the night before and we were all stiff but I remember that game and there were large parts of the first half where Buffalo was the better team. It’s just the result that made the fans boo, the. 4-0 loss.

And I get it, we’re tired it’s somewhaf justified. I just think that was an example of fans not understanding that when you play a team who is a good team (like I said let alone maybe the team that goes all the way) and they get embarrassed last night, the tip is you absolutely NEVER want to be the next game they play especially if it’s the next gift because nothing wipes bad taste out of your mouth like a blowout loss then coming up big on the road the very next night.

I used to travel with teams and you couldn’t smile, you couldn’t speak, you could barely eat if you lost a game if effects you on the bus, it effects everything and I know it’s the NH so these guys could likely speak on the plane and all that but they’re still professiinals who want s good vibe and his is a long explanation of a simple thing but I’ve wanted to get this off my chest since it happened.

Since you mentioned opening night I thought I’d share that but yes as far as effort goes, I want to see it from opening night.

The fans had witnessed the same hapless, lifeless performance all through the previous season. They paid for those seats, the team has not delivered for so long that they had every right to boo. And if a pro team can't get up for opening night in their own barn, they should reconsider their career choices, I don't care who the opponent is.

I am not hopeful. I think the owners are rubes, the GM is again an inexperienced fool, and the last coach had no idea how to implement a thing. The prospect depth is somewhat meh and the revamped scouting department in Botts first year as guiding hand took almost no value picks outside of Pekar, instead opting for low scoring Northern European defensemen. I have some very, very deep seated concerns for how long they will be bad.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
The fans had witnessed the same hapless, lifeless performance all through the previous season. They paid for those seats, the team has not delivered for so long that they had every right to boo. And if a pro team can't get up for opening night in their own barn, they should reconsider their career choices, I don't care who the opponent is.

I am not hopeful. I think the owners are rubes, the GM is again an inexperienced fool, and the last coach had no idea how to implement a thing. The prospect depth is somewhat meh and the revamped scouting department in Botts first year as guiding hand took almost no value picks outside of Pekar, instead opting for low scoring Northern European defensemen. I have some very, very deep seated concerns for how long they will be bad.

Oh I agree that’s the part that makes me say it’s okay they booed, I was just giving the back story not enough people were taking j to account because I don’t care how many times that roster “gets up” for a game there not beating Boston when Boston is at it’s best.

Buffalo got up for that game they were even the better team in the first period but tons of missed chances in the next two periods due to rust and penalty kills, and Boston trapping the hell playing a 1-3-1 in the third lead to the overall perception that the sabres just crapped the bed and it really wasn’t like that.

They did however have every right to boo I just think it was a perfect negative storm against the sabres that night.

I gotta be realistic too, again if the sabres get up for the games how many could they honestly win in this league in a given season? 35? Maybe? That’s not enough to make the playoffs so a lot of the time effort isn’t even really the problem. Talent, out coached, mental fatigue and no leadership and accountability is.

Hopefully they fix these things, I’m hopeful because of Eichel and dahlin. I think that’s two huge cornerstones that any team would love to start with but we’ll see....

I don’t think Botts is a fool just yet, he’s allowed one bad trade, the prospect cupboard is meh only when compared to other teams, as it stands now it’s actually not half bad. But there isn’t that superstar other then potentially UPL but there are potential gems and I’ll just wait and see who the first two rounders are this year, if mittlestadt can continue to improve and now that there’s no expectations really with Nylander that might be the best thing for him. I’m excited about a ton of others like olofsson, Borgen, asplund, Samuelson has the size and leadership but eh every teams fans can do this.

Your concerns are real but even if the ownership is out to lunch and have a horrific track record with winning this far at least they are sabres fans. Things can change but will they, who knows.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I gotta be realistic too, again if the sabres get up for the games how many could they honestly win in this league in a given season? 35? Maybe? That’s not enough to make the playoffs so a lot of the time effort isn’t even really the problem. Talent, out coached, mental fatigue and no leadership and accountability is.

Having a dingbat for a GM who spends an entire year doing nothing to help the team on the ice is not leadership. He hired a f***ing terrible coach and then did f***-all to help the roster.

Hopefully they fix these things, I’m hopeful because of Eichel and dahlin. I think that’s two huge cornerstones that any team would love to start with but we’ll see....

I don’t think Botts is a fool just yet, he’s allowed one bad trade, the prospect cupboard is meh only when compared to other teams, as it stands now it’s actually not half bad. But there isn’t that superstar other then potentially UPL but there are potential gems and I’ll just wait and see who the first two rounders are this year, if mittlestadt can continue to improve and now that there’s no expectations really with Nylander that might be the best thing for him. I’m excited about a ton of others like olofsson, Borgen, asplund, Samuelson has the size and leadership but eh every teams fans can do this.

So the inactivity for a year, the less than marginal players he keeps plugging into the roster as depth, bleeding NHL talent for nothing or next to nothing, losing value on deals over and over again isn't enough? "One bad trade"? He's a guy who has had one good trade and that was through the grace of a guy who only gave his team two choices on where to deal him, and the other team didn't have the money to pay him at the time.

Your concerns are real but even if the ownership is out to lunch and have a horrific track record with winning this far at least they are sabres fans. Things can change but will they, who knows.

I've been saying since the end of the first preseason that Botterill has to be better. He hasn't accomplished anything and the team is in worse shape, tangibly, than when he took over. I'd like to see him turn things around, but having watched repeatedly now the sort of dumb f*** players he goes out and populates his rosters with, I'm not hopeful in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad