Stick you are currently using?

I just got two pro stock TPS R8 sticks on Ebay for $110 total w/ shipping. I belive they are the Bergeron model and whoever wears 19 and is sponsored by TPS (maybe Yzerman?). When i got back into to playing hockey a few years ago I tried a few different composite sticks and found I like TPS the best. My favorite stick of all time is a woodstick.. the Koho Pro 224.

Can somebody tell me what the difference is in pro stock vs one from a store?

GuitarAwesome

Feb 18, 2009
Just broke my Easton Stealth CNT, forberg 100 flex. Had a hell of a time finding a new one, so I've been using an old RBK 7K I got on a pro deal awhile back. Just ordered three Easton Synergy Elites SE, potulny, 85 and 100 flex(2). Waiting on those babies to be shipped.

GuitarAwesome

Feb 18, 2009
I just got two pro stock TPS R8 sticks on Ebay for $110 total w/ shipping. I belive they are the Bergeron model and whoever wears 19 and is sponsored by TPS (maybe Yzerman?). When i got back into to playing hockey a few years ago I tried a few different composite sticks and found I like TPS the best. My favorite stick of all time is a woodstick.. the Koho Pro 224.

Depends by brand of stick. Usually it is not a big difference, just the player modifies it to his liking. Ive used a store stick(RBK SicKick) thought it was pure garbage, tried a prostock one and it was great.
And Yzerman is/was sponsored by Easton.

K-PAX*

Switched from a S17 to a Synergy SE and all of a sudden, for me atleast, my shot is a rocket. I don't think my S17 is stiff enough for a fatbody like me.

Both Forsberg curves.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com

If you're talking about RP19/SW19/etc... It's the pattern number, not really affiliated with any particular player, per se.

pcgflyers12*

i broke my CCM Vector and i bought a cheap Easton Octane stick to replace it until i can find another CCM like my old one.

If you're talking about RP19/SW19/etc... It's the pattern number, not really affiliated with any particular player, per se.

I really think it does though. Otherwise, I think it is a big coincidence that the Frolov model is RP24/SP24 and the Nash model is RP061/SP061 or Afinegenov is RP161/SP161 or the Tkachuk stick is RP07/SP07 etc.

I'm guessing 19 is an Yzerman pattern since they seem to keep popular patterns for players even after they retire. I don't know who else is sponsored by TPS that it could be.

EDIT: oh and I think you were the one that gave me some info before I bought the sticks.. thanks man!! I got both a regular and stiff flex and like them both. I don't like the heel curve I got on one of them though. I almost killed our goalie in warmups!

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
I really think it does though. Otherwise, I think it is a big coincidence that the Frolov model is RP24/SP24 and the Nash model is RP061/SP061 or Afinegenov is RP161/SP161 or the Tkachuk stick is RP07/SP07 etc.

I'm guessing 19 is an Yzerman pattern since they seem to keep popular patterns for players even after they retire. I don't know who else is sponsored by TPS that it could be.

EDIT: oh and I think you were the one that gave me some info before I bought the sticks.. thanks man!! I got both a regular and stiff flex and like them both. I don't like the heel curve I got on one of them though. I almost killed our goalie in warmups!

It is but it isn't. They are just stock pattern numbers, RP19s can be found in just about any NHL locker room. It's kind of like the "Styles" pattern. It's Roenick's pattern but very common, not made for anyone in particular/handedness.

haha, no problem, glad to help. I've been having problems with accuracy with my 8.0.8, it's too open. :(

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
I finally upgraded from my 20 dollars TPS Rubber shaft and 12 ABS blade that I was using to roller.

Got the Pro-Stock Dolomite shaft and a Dolomite tapered blade in the Fedorov curve, and my shot felt like it doubled in speed.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Just got a 2 new one95's today, Grip Staal curve. So excited to use them tomorrow.

slackerracker

Jan 16, 2007
New jersey
I was using a One70 85 flex Malkin curve for a while and i had a sick slapshot/backhand with it. But when i saw a one90 on sale for $100 i had to buy it. Took me awhile to get used to it considering it was a lindross curve but now that i'm used to it my wrist shot has been amazing. My slapshot isn't as good but the increase in my wrist shot makes up for that.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
i tallied up my sticks today and i have about 20 composite sticks with blades

several synergies, z-bubbles, some ultra lites, a few rbks, a vector or two, two warriors, a synthesis, and a koho

most blades are iginlas, fedorovs or comparable, i also have a few sakics

Saved*

My CCM U+ Vinny curve was shipped yesterday. I hope to receive it sometime this coming week. I only paid $80.00 for this one. :)

Griff57

Apr 7, 2008
Boston
not sure ive seen any goalies post in here, browsing the thread, but i'll add anyway. just picked up an Itech Re-Flex Rx-9 pro composite-dipietro.easily the nicest stick i have used. normally a 230 dollar stick, but was at the store comparing that and the One 95 goal stick. said he would give me the itech for 150 since itech got bought out, so i jumped all over it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
One piece Easton Synergy, Drury curve 100-flex.

Also use a TPS stick, don't remember the name of it or the flex but it has Nash's curve. Very similar to Drury's but a little off. My only complaint about it is it's so damn heavy.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
One piece Easton Synergy, Drury curve 100-flex.

Also use a TPS stick, don't remember the name of it or the flex but it has Nash's curve. Very similar to Drury's but a little off. My only complaint about it is it's so damn heavy.

Nash is a sakic clone. A little more toward the toe though. Nice curve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad