Stick you are currently using?

OprtnShtdwn

Jan 29, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

In my short time at this site... that might be the stupidest question i've heard here ever. Why would you purposedly break your stick? I'm pretty sure that people on here don't use 15 dollar sticks.

raganblink

Feb 8, 2006
Mexico

In my short time at this site... that might be the stupidest question i've heard here ever. Why would you purposedly break your stick? I'm pretty sure that people on here don't use 15 dollar sticks.

1. you are pissed off.
2. you are pissed off.
3. you are pissed off.
4. there is something that doesn't feel right about it.
5. you are pissed off.

I've broken so many 200 dollar sticks because I was upset at myself or at someone else it isn't funny. I've probably broken 2000 dollars worth of equipment because I was upset. Fortunately most of them were under warranty so I just sent them in. :)

raganblink

Feb 8, 2006
Mexico
And it's stupid crap like breaking your sticks on purpose that cause stick prices to skyrocket. Thanks GUY.

actually it is because that the retailer you are buying from needs to sell it at 35-40% markup. the dealers to the stores need to make 5-10%. and the company needs to make a lot of money off of the stick.

if hockey was more popular, they could mass produce more, and than sell it to dealers cheaper than they can sell it to retailers chearper. however a very good thing has happened with hockey sticks recently, they have achieved pretty much the limit on weight. until some big break through comes, sticks wont get lighter than 400 grams. therefore they don't need to invest so much in R&D, and then therefore they wont have to sell their sticks for so much to recoup their R&D losses. give it time and the price of the sticks will drop.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
actually it is because that the retailer you are buying from needs to sell it at 35-40% markup. the dealers to the stores need to make 5-10%. and the company needs to make a lot of money off of the stick.

if hockey was more popular, they could mass produce more, and than sell it to dealers cheaper than they can sell it to retailers chearper. however a very good thing has happened with hockey sticks recently, they have achieved pretty much the limit on weight. until some big break through comes, sticks wont get lighter than 400 grams. therefore they don't need to invest so much in R&D, and then therefore they wont have to sell their sticks for so much to recoup their R&D losses. give it time and the price of the sticks will drop.

Actually, you're wrong. The companies making the sticks have to charge more because of the amount of warranty replacements. Why do you think pro stock sticks cost less? Because they don't have a warranty. It actually cost more to make the same model for pros but since there is no warranty, they don't have to cover their cost on the extra stick.

There is also certainly much R&D to be done. You can always make something better... Right now they're battling to get ahead of everyone else in performance and advertising because everyone has a lightweight stick.

AND even if they weren't doing R&D, why would they lower prices? They have to cover many expenses, including warranty replacements and it all boils down to making a profit. Look at Warrior, they're selling 10 year old sticks for more than their competitors newest innovations. Warrior has innovated one thing in their high-end sticks, "spyne."

Backlund60

Jan 13, 2009
Melbourne
Nike Bauer One50, 87flex Lindros curve
Warrior Domomite, Robitaille curve
unsure on flex been cut down before I got it second hand

briner19

Nov 22, 2008
Atlantic Canada
Easton Synergy SE16, Sakic curve, 85 flex.

Always used the ST before and was hesitant on getting the SE16 on durability issues but it has performed way better than the ST and is still going strong. I expected it to start fading away by now...

I was really tempted by the One95 but opted to stay with the Easton line.

*** I wanted to get the S17 but they didn't have my flex so I went with the SE. I've heard so many durability issues with the S17 that I'm glad I went this route.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Easton Synergy ST grip 100 flex.

I love the Lindstrom curve, but could not find it anymore so I bought a Sakic (which I hate and I am trying to sell) and a Pro Stock, has no name on the shaft, but appears to a Drury.

I love a huge heel curve and a large loft on the toe, this one came closest.

So far, it is working pretty good.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
Just got Easton Synergy Elite (Drury, 100flex) and love it.

At this point I would sell/give away more than a dozen of various sticks (many brand new) I currently own. No way I will ever get back to them.

iceman17

Dec 8, 2007
Just got Easton Synergy Elite (Drury, 100flex) and love it.

At this point I would sell/give away more than a dozen of various sticks (many brand new) I currently own. No way I will ever get back to them.

Now when you say give away...do you mean like i pay for shipping and get 1st choice? :sarcasm:

simnorm

Aug 2, 2005
Just started playing again, make fun of me

Old heavy stick from ~1992:
Bauer Lithium LSS Aluminum S flex
with Titan C.Lemieux and A.Daigle blades

2 weeks ago I bought this junk, it's a wet noodle
Easton S5 shaft 80 flex 34$

This evening I bought
TPS Response R2 Nash R Flex OPS 40$

I almost bought a Sherwood RM5 for 40$ instead but the TPS felt stiffer...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad