STH 'Chalk Talk' Tonight - Who Wants My Tickets / General Discussion For Anyone That Attends

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I actually have no issue with it. Frankly, it makes sense to me. As you said in the ticket thread, I’m sure the tier 1 price is the price they’re referring to for playoffs. Still perfectly reasonable for most tickets I would think (although maybe not as much for yours as you pointed out in that thread).

I don't have an issue with the tiered pricing either, per se. It's smart business on the Flyers side but it's kind of pointless and actually a detriment for STH's as compared to years past. No one cares on the secondary market that you had to pay a higher price for a certain game. Everyone knows that those games held more value anyway.

They added the ticket swapping this year if you can't make a game, with the tiered pricing you're stuck switching them for an equal game or having to pay extra of a "better" game. Smart business by the Flyers, not exactly a benefit to a STH.

Also, at least in my experience I haven't even come close to being able to get my money back for a Tier One game. The Rangers 12/23 game I sold for $1,000 on StubHub for my pair, the Buyer paid more than my face value after the fees but I took a $167 loss after they took my fees. The Black Friday game, another Tier One game, I took a $592 loss based off of the tiered pricing. There is no shot that someone is going to pay that Tier One pricing in a first round playoff series against the Lightning, Islanders, etc. I'm not even sure if they'll pay it for a Penguins series, they'll need to sell for $600 each on StubHub to break even. I expected Playoff tickets to be, at least, Tier One pricing all year so it's not really a surprise. I'm also not looking to sell all of my games or anything and knew what I was getting into but just making general commentary here.

I know that I have the most extreme situation with my seats but it looks like every seat in the house the Full Season Ticket Member price is around 69% of Tier One. If they were genuinely not raising prices for the Playoffs they would just be the Full STM Price. I just think that they're going to act like they're doing this generous thing of keeping Playoff prices equal to Regular Season prices but in reality they're still increasing prices similar to what they have in years past based off of the Full STM Price.

It's just slimy business, IMO, and that's where my issue is here. Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining. We haven't gotten our invoice yet so maybe i'm just getting worked up on something that won't happen.

Last edited:

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I don't have an issue with the tiered pricing either, per se. It's smart business on the Flyers side but it's kind of pointless and actually a detriment for STH's as compared to years past. No one cares on the secondary market that you had to pay a higher price for a certain game. Everyone knows that those games held more value anyway.

They added the ticket swapping this year if you can't make a game, with the tiered pricing you're stuck switching them for an equal game or having to pay extra of a "better" game. Smart business by the Flyers, not exactly a benefit to a STH.

Also, at least in my experience I haven't even come close to being able to get my money back for a Tier One game. The Rangers 12/23 game I sold for $1,000 on StubHub for my pair, the Buyer paid more than my face value after the fees but I took a $167 loss after they took my fees. The Black Friday game, another Tier One game, I took a $592 loss based off of the tiered pricing. There is no shot that someone is going to pay that Tier One pricing in a first round playoff series against the Lightning, Islanders, etc. I'm not even sure if they'll pay it for a Penguins series, they'll need to sell for $600 each on StubHub to break even. I expected Playoff tickets to be, at least, Tier One pricing all year so it's not really a surprise.

I know that I have the most extreme situation with my seats but it looks like every seat in the house the Full Season Ticket Member price is around 69% of Tier One. If they were genuinely not raising prices for the Playoffs they would just be the Full STM Price. I just think that they're going to act like they're doing this generous thing of keeping Playoff prices equal to Regular Season prices but in reality they're still increasing prices similar to what they have in years past based off of the Full STM Price.

It's just slimy business, IMO, and that's where my issue is here. Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining. We haven't gotten our invoice yet so maybe i'm just getting worked up on something that won't happen.

I haven’t used the ticket swapping this year, but I believe they said that they were fixing the issue you were talking about for next year.

Also, for selling your tickets I’d recommend the flyers season ticket member Facebook site. I’ve sold three pairs of tickets there this year and it eliminates the fees for both buyers and sellers. Send me a pm if you want and I can invite you to the group (it’s invite only).

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I haven’t used the ticket swapping this year, but I believe they said that they were fixing the issue you were talking about for next year.

Also, for selling your tickets I’d recommend the flyers season ticket member Facebook site. I’ve sold three pairs of tickets there this year and it eliminates the fees for both buyers and sellers. Send me a pm if you want and I can invite you to the group (it’s invite only).

I wasn't there so I may be completely off base, but I don't believe that they are fixing that issue based off of what i've read. Fixing that issue would require them to get rid of the tiered pricing all together. This season you were able to switch into 10 or so games and how I read what they're going to do is open that up to all 41 games. So you'll still have to pay to upgrade.

I'm in the group. People just are always looking for a deal. I can't tell you how many people try to offer $300 for my tickets.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I wasn't there so I may be completely off base, but I don't believe that they are fixing that issue based off of what i've read. Fixing that issue would require them to get rid of the tiered pricing all together. This season you were able to switch into 10 or so games and how I read what they're going to do is open that up to all 41 games. So you'll still have to pay to upgrade.

I'm in the group. People just are always looking for a deal. I can't tell you how many people try to offer $300 for my tickets.

I can’t say I was intently listening when he was talking about the ticket swapping since I haven’t used it - I just remember him saying they were doing something to address it. Very possible that you’re correct though.

As for the tickets, that sucks about the group - I’ve had some good experiences there. Unfortunately you’re in a bit of a unique situation with your seats it seems like. Awesome seats, but probably going to be tough to recoup your $ on games you can’t get to.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I can’t say I was intently listening when he was talking about the ticket swapping since I haven’t used it - I just remember him saying they were doing something to address it. Very possible that you’re correct though.

As for the tickets, that sucks about the group - I’ve had some good experiences there. Unfortunately you’re in a bit of a unique situation with your seats it seems like. Awesome seats, but probably going to be tough to recoup your $ on games you can’t get to.

No worries. I just tend to be a cynic about a lot of things in life and it just seems like they're trying to be sneaky by saying these good things but once you peel the layers back you realize that there's not much substance. We'll find out on the 10th. I'm not upset about any of these things, I would just prefer that they were straight forward instead of twisting words to sound good.

The group is what it is. It's a good resource but just seems like everyone is looking for a deal or doesn't actually know what the value of tickets are or what STH's have to pay to get them. I just don't think there's enough eyeballs in those groups as opposed to StubHub. I knew what I was getting into going in and even while taking a loss on the vast majority of the games i've sold i'm still ahead of my last two years percentage wise when I was up top.

Reactions: flyersjim73

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No worries. I just tend to be a cynic about a lot of things in life and it just seems like they're trying to be sneaky by saying these good things but once you peel the layers back you realize that there's not much substance. We'll find out on the 10th. I'm not upset about any of these things, I would just prefer that they were straight forward instead of twisting words to sound good.

The group is what it is. It's a good resource but just seems like everyone is looking for a deal or doesn't actually know what the value of tickets are or what STH's have to pay to get them. I just don't think there's enough eyeballs in those groups as opposed to StubHub. I knew what I was getting into going in and even while taking a loss on the vast majority of the games i've sold i'm still ahead of my last two years percentage wise when I was up top.

ill give you tree.fiddy

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
As I said in the ticket thread, smoke and mirrors.

Believe me, I wish I was high roller enough to sit in your seats, but I'll take $56 per game versus $85 and $95 per. That's more in line with how it used to be when I first became a STH, the jump in playoff price was less drastic. My 1st year 08-09, my seats were (when face value actually meant what you really paid) $46 per and $66 per for 1st round of the playoffs, same seats.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Believe me, I wish I was high roller enough to sit in your seats, but I'll take $56 per game versus $85 and $95 per. That's more in line with how it used to be when I first became a STH, the jump in playoff price was less drastic. My 1st year 08-09, my seats were (when face value actually meant what you really paid) $46 per and $66 per for 1st round of the playoffs, same seats.

Of course, but it's all relative if they went in the Tier One playoff pricing.

It looks like across the board the "Full Season Ticket Member" price is 69% of the tier one pricing so if they go that direction everyone is getting the same increase where as 2018 it was 63% so they're somewhat relative.

Going from $46 to $66 is right in line with that 69% difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad