STH 'Chalk Talk' Tonight - Who Wants My Tickets / General Discussion For Anyone That Attends

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So tonight the Flyers are having their 'Chalk Talk' event for Season Ticket Holders.

From my understanding it gives the fans a chance to sit and talk to the head coach about details of the team, similar to the Town Hall but just the coach.

I RSVP'd for two tickets but I can't make the event. Anyone interested? The event starts at 6:00 at the Wells Fargo Center and doors open at 5:30.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So tonight the Flyers are having their 'Chalk Talk' event for Season Ticket Holders.

From my understanding it gives the fans a chance to sit and talk to the head coach about details of the team, similar to the Town Hall but just the coach.

I RSVP'd for two tickets but I can't make the event. Anyone interested? The event starts at 6:00 at the Wells Fargo Center and doors open at 5:30.

I nominate @Striiker and he has to wear a gopro

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Whoever goes just make sure you ask several questions about the shootout.

hahaha!

The amount of questions related to the shootout by STH at these kind of events is absurd. Talk about a non-issue.

The PP is where the issues are.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
You could have... but it started over an hour ago lol.
A276201B-34A3-41E4-803B-05284ACA2E00.jpeg

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I was there....

I asked Therrien/AV why Giroux was taken off the half wall on the pp. I got roughly the answer I expected. Essentially they indicated that they understand he has been successful there in the past, but just don’t want to be predictable. They said that he would play in various positions on the pp and they knew it would take a while for players to adjust, but they would get more comfortable the more they play in those various positions. My impression is that he was hinting that he might go back more on the half wall down the stretch, but that was just my take on how AV answered the question.

They were asked who they thought made the biggest improvement between last year and now and they let lappy answer since he was here last year. Lappy said that he thought Lindblom was their most improved player before the diagnosis. The same question was phrased in a slightly different manner and Lappy also mentioned Scott Laughton.

Yeo talked about the penalty kill being aggressive in general, but mentioned that every night we’re facing a Crosby, Ovechkin, etc, and eventually those guys are going to get possession of the puck. At that point it’s important to maintain integrity and keep them to the outside. I’m obviously paraphrasing, but I thought he explained it pretty well.

The event was labeled a “chalk talk,” but when a bunch of season ticket holders don’t actually know that much about hockey, you’re only going to get so many legit questions. Some interesting stuff, but a lot of rah rah let’s go flyers stuff as well.

I’m sure there was more, but this is what I remember off the top of my head.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I was there also. Your question, and the other guy who asked Dillabaugh about mental health of the goalies, were the only ones that weren't terrible. I wonder if the terrible questions were part of the reason they cut it so short.

I did like that they said the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs will cost the same as my regular season tickets.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was there....

I asked Therrien/AV why Giroux was taken off the half wall on the pp. I got roughly the answer I expected. Essentially they indicated that they understand he has been successful there in the past, but just don’t want to be predictable. They said that he would play in various positions on the pp and they knew it would take a while for players to adjust, but they would get more comfortable the more they play in those various positions. My impression is that he was hinting that he might go back more on the half wall down the stretch, but that was just my take on how AV answered the question.

They were asked who they thought made the biggest improvement between last year and now and they let lappy answer since he was here last year. Lappy said that he thought Lindblom was their most improved player before the diagnosis. The same question was phrased in a slightly different manner and Lappy also mentioned Scott Laughton.

Yeo talked about the penalty kill being aggressive in general, but mentioned that every night we’re facing a Crosby, Ovechkin, etc, and eventually those guys are going to get possession of the puck. At that point it’s important to maintain integrity and keep them to the outside. I’m obviously paraphrasing, but I thought he explained it pretty well.

The event was labeled a “chalk talk,” but when a bunch of season ticket holders don’t actually know that much about hockey, you’re only going to get so many legit questions. Some interesting stuff, but a lot of rah rah let’s go flyers stuff as well.

I’m sure there was more, but this is what I remember off the top of my head.
Thanks for the recap.

That PP answer is so irritating though. :laugh: So they know that they're doing it differently from what has worked in the past, but they just don't care and think they're smarter than everyone else. Amazing. They'd rather make a 32 year old star learn a brand new spot and take away one of his biggest weapons than go with what was elite for a decade.

Incompetent idiots.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was there also. Your question, and the other guy who asked Dillabaugh about mental health of the goalies, were the only ones that weren't terrible. I wonder if the terrible questions were part of the reason they cut it so short.

I did like that they said the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs will cost the same as my regular season tickets.
As I said in the ticket thread, smoke and mirrors.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly

Yea, I’ve learned not to expect much out of the masses when it comes to really knowing the sport or the team. They’re all big fans obviously.... just a different kind of big fans. It is what it is.

I’m assuming what he meant was the same as their variable pricing tier 1 ticket price... but even so that would be pretty reasonable for playoffs.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Yea, I’ve learned not to expect much out of the masses when it comes to really knowing the sport or the team. They’re all big fans obviously.... just a different kind of big fans. It is what it is.

I’m assuming what he meant was the same as their variable pricing tier 1 ticket price... but even so that would be pretty reasonable for playoffs.
When did they start going by tiers? The year I had season tickets I don’t think I’ve heard the term used.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
This season. It's just another way for the organization to make money. Offers little to no benefit to STH's.

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/308742304/binary-file/file.pdf

I actually have no issue with it. Frankly, it makes sense to me. As you said in the ticket thread, I’m sure the tier 1 price is the price they’re referring to for playoffs. Still perfectly reasonable for most tickets I would think (although maybe not as much for yours as you pointed out in that thread).

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Thanks for the recap.

That PP answer is so irritating though. :laugh: So they know that they're doing it differently from what has worked in the past, but they just don't care and think they're smarter than everyone else. Amazing. They'd rather make a 32 year old star learn a brand new spot and take away one of his biggest weapons than go with what was elite for a decade.

Incompetent idiots.

Let me phrase this again in a few different ways, have you ever had a new boss come in at any job you have had? They'll let you do some things your way but others will need to be done their way and you will have to adjust.

And like taking a Microsoft test, you may have done something that worked for 10 years but you go to take the test to get certified and they only want it done their way. You have to adjust to that way for the test.

Life sucks but it's the way of the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad