Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Yeah IDK.. I feel that Kuch/Drouin would be a damn good replica of Marty/Stammer and having 2 lines of that would be absolutely lethal.

I'm feeling this. Only knock against it is that they're both relatively inexperienced. Perhaps we could split them up so one goes with Marty and one with Stammer. But it sounds like a hell of a duo to have sooner rather than later.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
stamkos marty palat
fippula purcell killorn
johnson kucherov brown
thompson malone crombeen
pyatt panik

drouin changes things but think that means pyatt moves out of town as stated a long time ago.

I like palat staying on top line. Second line is more dangerous once stamkos is back I hear you all on keeping palat with johnson but think you put johnson with brown and kucherov you are just as deadly and dangerous as the top line right now lol.

If palat struggles we have plenty of choices of course but this is team I like.

Other note still like idea of girardi and to those who want gio would agree but doubt is possible.

Next year is very interesting cause have namestknikov and connolly on top of rest so hope for brown panik pyatts of world to turn it on soon as others have. Still thinking panik is odd man out in long run. Connolly already looks like real deal as soon as has someone with true skills tonight.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Palat - Johnson - MSL
Kucherov - Stamkos - Purcell
Killorn - Filppula - Brown
Crombeen/Pyatt - Thompson - Panik

Trade Malone

Alivesi

Feb 1, 2012
Ontario
Filppula - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - St. Louis
Purcell - Killorn - Brown
Malone - Thompson - Panik

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We aren't paying Filppula 5 mil to be the 3rd line C, Johnson will move back down to 3C between Kucherov and Brown/Panik whichever we keep up and Palat stays with Marty on the top line with Stamkos. Think we go back to 4 full lines, with Malone-Thompson-Crombee, so the real issue is gonna be the #6 D. Barberio has been playing really well lately so I see him and Sustr swapping games a lot.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
We aren't paying Filppula 5 mil to be the 3rd line C, Johnson will move back down to 3C between Kucherov and Brown/Panik whichever we keep up and Palat stays with Marty on the top line with Stamkos. Think we go back to 4 full lines, with Malone-Thompson-Crombee, so the real issue is gonna be the #6 D. Barberio has been playing really well lately so I see him and Sustr swapping games a lot.

I agree about Barberio, feels like his got more confidence and is growing into it.

Silver Tuna

Easy on the Pepsi!!
Jun 4, 2011
Georgetown, ON
I think with the insane amount of talent up front they need to establish who they want in their top 6 for the future now and start moving bodies out before stock on half these players decrease to the point of being almost worthless.

Guys like Purcell and Connolly need to go if they can fetch a decent return. They will be passed if not already by a number of guys on the depth chart. Way too many good forwards considering most of them already are solid NHLers. I'd ship off about 4 forward between Tampa and Syracuse.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013

Your 100% right about Filppula. I think in the end your right here, Johnson will most likely be moved back to the 3rd line, but I still think Coop will give Marty Palat and Johnson a chance to stay together. Maybe a 3-4 game trial with Stamkos playing on a line with Filppula and maybe Killer/Purcell/Kucherov. But one has to think that Panik is the odd man out, it would be so strange to see Kucherov or Brown be demoted after playing so well in favour for a guy whose playing 6 minutes a night and struggling to remain in the lineup. I'm really in favour of the 12-44-19, I think it's important heading into the playoffs that we have a tough line like this.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I want the lines to be this
Stammer for the scoring MSL for the play making, palat for digging pucks out of the corners
Val F. Teddy Purcell AK 17
T. Johnson Russian Terror aka Kucherov JT Brownie Boy Let the kids play together
Nasty Nate Panik /malone/crombeen/Pyatt
Rotate any combo of panik/malone/crombeen/pyatt. I would like to see Panik get more time to better himself for the future.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I think with the insane amount of talent up front they need to establish who they want in their top 6 for the future now and start moving bodies out before stock on half these players decrease to the point of being almost worthless.

Guys like Purcell and Connolly need to go if they can fetch a decent return. They will be passed if not already by a number of guys on the depth chart. Way too many good forwards considering most of them already are solid NHLers. I'd ship off about 4 forward between Tampa and Syracuse.

Just the impression I gathered from Cooper is that he actually likes to roll out with three scoring lines, then his fourth line as his grinding line. Its worked for him in the past, and we are sitting among the leaders in the conference in the NHL now with that strategy. So i don't think of moving four guys is a must at the moment, granted we do have a bit of a log jam but it is definitely manageable and we shouldn't be rushing ourselves to make such a drastic change.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If you put Johnson and Kucherov together on the 3rd line you're gonna need either Panik or Malone with them. They need someone to do the dirty work. Panik gets a bad rap for some of the penalties he's taken but he was producing when he was on the 3rd line getting around 12 minutes. Cooper still trusts him cause he puts him out late in games. Nothing against Brown but going back down to Syracuse and playing top line minutes will be best for him and Syracuse.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Killorn - Stammer - MSL
Purcell - Filp - Kuch/Brown
Panik - Johnson - Palat
Malone - Thompson

Hedman - Salo
Carle - Gudas
Brewer - Sustr

Barberio/Pyatt/Cote

Kuch/Brown goes back down to play with Connolly & Names on the 'cuse top line. Can't guess which - but more likely Brown goes down and Kuch is the sniper on second line. Also, Cote stays up - 'Cuse rolling with Witkowski/Sergeev/Mormina/Nesterov/Korobov/Taormina at the moment which is a pretty good D lineup in the A.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Palat-Stamkos-St.Louis
Killorn-Filppula-Kucherov
Brown-Johnson-Purcell
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen/Panik
Pyatt

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What do we do if we make the playoffs and Drouin can come up after his season is over? If the guy could help us out why wouldn't you?

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Just the impression I gathered from Cooper is that he actually likes to roll out with three scoring lines, then his fourth line as his grinding line. Its worked for him in the past, and we are sitting among the leaders in the conference in the NHL now with that strategy. So i don't think of moving four guys is a must at the moment, granted we do have a bit of a log jam but it is definitely manageable and we shouldn't be rushing ourselves to make such a drastic change.

Not 4 guys, no. But at least one or two seems to be about right.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
What do we do if we make the playoffs and Drouin can come up after his season is over? If the guy could help us out why wouldn't you?

Can't really see this happening. Only way it happens IMO is if Halifax misses out on the playoffs or gets knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. Even then he would still be a long-shot I think. Could see time with the Crunch if they sort there stuff out and make the playoffs.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Can't really see this happening. Only way it happens IMO is if Halifax misses out on the playoffs or gets knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. Even then he would still be a long-shot I think. Could see time with the Crunch if they sort there stuff out and make the playoffs.

It could very much happen. The NHL has the 2 week Olympic break but major junior teams do not. Their regular season ends mid March. The NHL regular season ends mid April.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

I get were you are coming from... I hope for this lineup next season:

Killorn-Stamkos-MSL
Kucherov-Filppula-Drouin
Palat-Johnson-Brown/Panik (if he can get it done)
Malone/???-Thompson-Crombeen

Very small forward crop, but it's not really smaller or taller than this seasons and we have no problem right now, so I don't care tbh.
Both Brown and Kucherov deserve to be up next year, because imo neither has anything to prove in the A anymore. I personally belief Brown will bet Panik out for the job.

The problem will be, that Purcell needs to go and neither Panik nor Connolly can be send down because they are both waiver eligle. So they either sit in the presser till the first injury or are traded. I really can't see them bet anybody out at the moment. I think we should keep one (Panik) around, because if not the first callup is Vladdy (which is okay), but the second callup would be :dunno: (Paquette?).

If we buyout Malone we will have to sign a big bodied grinder for the 4th line (shouldn't be a problem)

So IF I am right, neither Purcell nor Connolly will or can be around this team coming next years opening night.
The big question is what to we trade them for if we don't get the defender (young top2) for a package of them and picks?
Try to trade them for big bodied close to NHL ready forward prospects? Would fill a need in our prospect pool next season.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I might be in the minority but I think we should try to move Drouin, have you seen the silky smooth hands of Purcell? Also think Kucherov can go, Connolly's play the last few games has made him expendable. I'd move Brown since we have Panik, maybe we can throw Bishop in on a trade since we are wasting Lindbacks talents. My lineup would be.

Killorn-Stamkos-St. Louis
Purcell-Filppula-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Hedman-Koekkoek
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Lindback
Helenius

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
I might be in the minority but I think we should try to move Drouin, have you seen the silky smooth hands of Purcell? Also think Kucherov can go, Connolly's play the last few games has made him expendable. I'd move Brown since we have Panik, maybe we can throw Bishop in on a trade since we are wasting Lindbacks talents. My lineup would be.

Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Hedman-Koekkoek
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Lindback
Helenius

Who do you project sits when Brian Lee returns?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Hedman-Koekkoek
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Lindback
Helenius
No Lee? You must be trolling! :sarcasm:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Who do you project sits when Brian Lee returns?

Definitely Hedman, I was gonna say we should trade him but he's pretty much a bust so we wouldn't get anything for him. Cooper will just look at where he was drafted and think he's good so he'll play him over the far superior Lee.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

You guys are far too tied up in "third line/second line" stuff. You can have the "second" and "third" lines out on the ice an equal amount of time.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You guys are far too tied up in "third line/second line" stuff. You can have the "second" and "third" lines out on the ice an equal amount of time.

No, there's a reason top 6 players make more money they play more minutes and usually meaningful ones. You want those guys out there as much as possible.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
No, there's a reason top 6 players make more money they play more minutes and usually meaningful ones. You want those guys out there as much as possible.

No ****? Please, tell me more.

Except that people are not created the same, sometimes we run 11 forwards, some are better and worse conditioned than others, and some are better fits for some situations than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad