Steven Stamkos and his monster season

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What I don't understand is why you used absolute point totals for the 12 game state comparison and league standings for the full season comparison. That makes no sense unless you're trying to push an agenda in a misleading manner.

These players scored 100+, 100+, 90(in 68gp) etc. points after the starts they had, which is what is important.
Partially that. He is also greatly helped by Kuch. Defenses never leave Kuch open, they just can't. Sometimes that leads to more space for #91.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Wonder how much longer until he gets injured again just like every year. Doesn't matter how good you are for 20 games at the start of the season if you don't play the rest.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Wonder how much longer until he gets injured again just like every year. Doesn't matter how good you are for 20 games at the start of the season if you don't play the rest.
His injuries aren't really of the "repeatable" variety like a concussion or an ACL tear, mostly just awful luck. I hope he can reverse that luck this season.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
"Just like every year".

Stamkos went 5 years without missing a game due to an injury. But sure thing, buddy.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I've enjoyed watching him get back to form this year.

Crazy to see a comment from him a few days ago saying he's still not back to 100% and doesn't think he ever will be.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
awww don't worry we'll tell him to ease up when he plays your favorite team. I promise.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
No one wrote him off. People rightfully questioned how reliable and effective he would be in his return from a bad injury and long recovery, not to mention some other injuries in the last 5 years that were of concern. No one wrote off his talent or ability, but people just managed their expectations of him, because it was very possible he came back and was not exactly the same player. He himself says he does not feel like 100% given what he's been able to do in the past and that it is the new normal for him. He has played 13 games, and although it is clear her is still one of the best players in the world, you never know when he might go down again. Hoping this is not the case and he can continue thriving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad