NHL Entry Draft: Steven Mastrosimone/Brian Boyle's 2011 NHL Mock Draft: Start Time 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
:caps are thrilled with the drop and subsequent selection of Brandon Saad.

Has the skill and size to be a top 5 pick, needs to show some compete, but being drafted by a dynamic team like Washington should give him the kick in the ass to be a top 6 winger.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
extralarge.png

With the 27th overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Tampa Bay Lightning would like to select, from the Färjestads BK of the Swedish Elite League, defenseman Jonas Brodin.

Brodin-och-Thorell-uttagna-i-den-forsta-JVM-truppen.jpg

Comments from GM Steve Yzerman: Our primary target in this year's draft was a good offensive defenseman, and with Jonas, we feel like we've been able to reach our target easily, as we really weren't waiting for him to be available with our pick. But to be honest, we still weren't sure about who'd we pick while Capitals were on the clock, because there were one really skilled winger and couple gifted goaltending prospects who we had thought of having.

Next GM PM'ed, as the San Jose Sharks are on the clock.

Last edited:

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Don't hate ya anymore::

TRADE ALERT!

To :bolts

Pick #57
Evgeny Grachev

To :rangers

Jonas Brodin

The Rangers are estatic to have picked up this Swedish born defender. This is a package they were going to use to move up and acquire him with, until TB picked him. TB loved Grachev's skill/size combo, and wanted a 2nd, so they traded the freshly picked defender to NY.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Just to clarify how Columbus acquired Ottawa's 21st pick the trade went down as follows:

:sens

Nikita Filatov

:cbj

Nashville's 1st.

So far in this years draft:

1st (6th overall) - Jonathan Huberdeau
Trade - Nikita Filatov for 21st overall
Next up: 35th Overall.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
SanJoseSharksLogoSmileySize.png

"With the 28th pick of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, we are proud to select from the USNTDP Juniors of the USHL, Conor Murphy"

Murphy_medium.jpg

San Jose Sharks Draft
28th overall Conor Murphy D USHL

Next gm pm'ed

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
:leafs

With the 29th overall selection, and our second pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select, from the U.S. National Team Development program:

Biggs-web.jpg

Tyler Biggs

(Next GM has been PM'd.)

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
extralarge.png

With the 31st pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select from the Portland Winterhawks,
Ty Rattie

rattie_tp11_game_ab35560.jpg

Edmonton Oilers 2011 Draft
1st Round, 1st Overall: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C, Red Deer Rebels (WHL)
1st Round, 19th Overall: Oscar Klefbom, D, Färjestads BK (SEL)
2nd Round, 31st Overall: Ty Rattie, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
With the 32nd Overall Pick of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select, from the Victoriaville Tigres, Phillip Danault!

We're proud to bring this great young leader to our organization. We feel like he can have an immediate impact on our team and play in the NHL within a couple years.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
:leafs

[fieldset=Toronto Maple Leafs 2011 NHL Entry Draft]

Players selected:
  • #15: Mark Scheifele
  • #29: Tyler Biggs

Remaining draft picks:

**With 8 picks remaining, we are looking to package some of them to move up to the second round, or to get additional 3rd/4th round picks**

**Clarke MacArthur and Luke Schenn are available at the right prices**

[/fieldset]

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
:sabres

The Buffalo Sabres are proud to select Nathan Beaulieu of the Saint John Sea Dogs.

(Note: The following is :sarcasm:)

How on earth could you have picked a defenseman for Buffalo?

Don't you know that the Sabres already have 100 sure-fire NHLers in their defense stable? They don't need any more, and it's written on tablets of stone by God Himself that the REAL Sabres absolutely WILL NOT draft a defenseman in the first round under ANY circumstances.

You couldn't possibly have any knowledge of the Sabres' system to have wasted this pick on a defenseman.

/ :sarcasm:

This is the kind of stuff that the guy who's hosting this mock is getting in another mock where he's drafting for the Sabres...

You'd think that he ran over someone's dog, then backed up and did it again.​

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
BPA trumps needs in alot if scenarios IMO.

Most certainly.

I just went to that other mock draft and had quite a good laugh. I understand that Buffalo needs forwards, but if you feel that Oleksiak is far and away the BPA at that point in the draft, you have to take him. He could end up being one of the very best players from the draft. If you are bursting at the seams with defensemen, then it allows you to deal from a position of strength later on.

In this mock I knew the Leafs are in need of restocking their defensive cupboard, and I had already picked a great forward in Scheifele, but all of the defensemen targets I had were taken by 29th, and it didn't make sense for me to make a reach when Biggs was still on the board (who I felt was the BPA at that point), so I took him and am happy with it.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Neuvirth, Fehr and Schultz can still be had! Possibly #1 goalie, top 6 forward, and a top 4 defenseman.

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
:panthers select Right Wing, Tomas Jurco of the Saint John Sea Dogs.

tomas+jurco.bmp

Next GM PM'ed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad