Player Discussion Steven Kampfer

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Since the trade deadline, who leads the entire league in points per 60 by a defenseman at 5vs5?

Yep, Steven Kampfer! Mike Reilly ranks 8th in the same time-frame.

Kampfer is also 4th in the league in Goals For% when he's on the ice. Connor Clifton is 5th.

#Depth

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Since the trade deadline, who leads the entire league in points per 60 by a defenseman at 5vs5?

Yep, Steven Kampfer! Mike Reilly ranks 8th in the same time-frame.

Kampfer is also 4th in the league in Goals For% when he's on the ice. Connor Clifton is 5th.

#Depth
I like Kampfer and have no problem with him as the 6th D and for awhile there I would definitely take him over Clifton but Clifton has elevated his game lately and needs to be in the lineup but Kampfer is a nice option to have and I’m sure we see him at some point in the playoffs.

Reactions: inactive user

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The B's would be nuts to not sign Steve. I love how he will sit for many games but never look rusty or out of shape when he is back in the game. For the price he is a real good deal. Plus I understand he is an excellent team mate.

This is exactly it

good team guy
Plays when needed
Plays WELL when he’s needed
Doesn’t complain about being shelved
Cheap contract

There’s nothing to dislike here

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The B's would be nuts to not sign Steve. I love how he will sit for many games but never look rusty or out of shape when he is back in the game. For the price he is a real good deal. Plus I understand he is an excellent team mate.
Yeah I think it’s a no brainer. Same deal 2 years / $800k per, hell give him $900k per if he wants it.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Dang that is a bummer.

Hes been a real soldier. He gets some praise but not enough for the role he plays. Coming into a lineup after not playing for 10-20 games and not being a liability by any means.

He had an interview with Jaffe and Razor the other day. I enjoyed it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's hard to blame him if this is true. He can probably take his family if he wants, but either way, it is likely his last opportunity to play meaningful minutes as a pro in a decent league and the pay isn't shabby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad