Player Discussion Steven Kampfer

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I can't really believe there's no team in the NHL that would benefit from his services.

He's a favorite of mine and his goal against Carolina in Game 1 in 2019 is in my top 10 for bruin goals of all time.

Good luck in Russia Steve. This bruin fan will miss you lots. Thanks for everything you did with the Bruins.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Thought he’d be in line for a 1 way deal but at his age he has to take the money if they offered over a million tax free.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The perfect 7th D who is the consummate professional. His work ethic and commitment to the team even when not playing should serve as the model for the guys on the bubble.

He embodies every quality the Bruins want in their players.

I hope when he's done that the organization finds a spot for him.

Thank You Steve!!!

Hope he get a chance to play at least one more time.

He deserves a standing ovation from the fans

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
I had him rated a 90 in effectiveness this season, which is really close to where I had him with old formulae, about a decade ago. the dude was efficient and reliable. I would have been happy to see him subbing in for underperforming Miller (76), my current "favorite" player. I think the Bruins were lucky to have his services and this is the second time I am disappointed in their decision to not use him; losing him before sucked, too. I assume there is no retention of rights here and that he's now an ex player. the right side is not improved from this.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
The perfect 7th D who is the consummate professional. His work ethic and commitment to the team even when not playing should serve as the model for the guys on the bubble.

He embodies every quality the Bruins want in their players.

I hope when he's done that the organization finds a spot for him.

Thank You Steve!!!

Hope he get a chance to play at least one more time.

He deserves a standing ovation from the fans
Very well stated. I can't imagine how anyone could have performed his role any better.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Interesting that the same team rumoured to have acquired Kampfer - AK Bars - have also just snapped up Par Lindholm. So if Steve really goes there they can have a little ex-Bruins reunion. If so I wish Kampfer well and I hope he enjoys the experience. Shame to lose him though. He's been a great servant of the Bruins and a consummate professional. His ability to just come in and perform whenever called to has always been impressive.

Reactions: inactive user

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad