Player Discussion Steven Kampfer

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
It's almost like he did put himself before the team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and then lied to everybody about it.

I'm sure they reached an agreement but he probably did not literally sign until now.

I can't be too mad about it, or his decision to have surgery. For NHL/AHL tweeners, these contracts are literally about putting food on the table (a ridiculous statement overused by professional athletes).

Reactions: Saxon Eric

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's almost like he did put himself before the team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and then lied to everybody about it.
All while watching the Bruins have to play their 9th and 10th defensemen on any given night in the second round due to injuries

Reactions: Saxon Eric

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bruins didn’t need another undersized defenseman in the lineup, I would’ve went with Tinordi anyway

Player has to look out for himself first, it’s a business both ways

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
All while watching the Bruins have to play their 9th and 10th defensemen on any given night in the second round due to injuries

He said he got surgery because it got to the point where he couldn’t even stickhandle with the puck. Let’s not slander the guy who couldn’t even do the most basic thing in the game.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I mean what are we doing here? We really gonna get mad at a guy for not playing through a serious injury that requires surgery when the bruins aren’t giving him any sort of security whatsoever?

We seriously gonna act like Kampfer was a difference making upgrade over Tinordi? imo in the playoffs he’s not, and it doesn’t really change the fact that MIKE REILLY WAS OUR #2

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Really happy for him. He was the perfect #8 Dman and a good influence on the younger guys.

His game will thrive in Russia. He'll play a lot of minutes and make some really good money while he still can. He'll be 33 this season!

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Really happy for him. He was the perfect #8 Dman and a good influence on the younger guys.

His game will thrive in Russia. He'll play a lot of minutes and make some really good money while he still can. He'll be 33 this season!
I’m happy for him as well. I’m grateful for him stepping up when we needed him. Hope things work out for him in the KHL.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Ak Bars announces a new one-year deal with their “leader” — Steven Kampfer — with the team release calling him one of the best defenders in the KHL. He has 17 points in 36 games.

And if anybody needed proof about how inferior the KHL is to the NHL ....here it is. Hopefully this will stop the " bring Spooner back " type of comments that were recently posted here.

Reactions: BMC

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
And if anybody needed proof about how inferior the KHL is to the NHL ....here it is. Hopefully this will stop the " bring Spooner back " type of comments that were recently posted here.
Kampfer wasn’t that bad, dude.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad