Steve Yzerman Appreciation Thread

Boltsppy

Jun 10, 2014
Guys, this GM will be legend. He is not afraid to makebig changes, trades, he can completely rebuild team in 2 seasons ... wow

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I had my doubts around 1pm yesterday! I was like omg everyone is getting overpaid. Then he strikes a good fair deal with stralman! Then on top of it grabs Nabokov and Brian Boyle. Winner of FA best signings tampa bay lightning! Loser the caps over paid niskanen and orpik. Loser leafs no one wanted to really go there ? What really shocked me was the redwings not getting Dan Boyle ? Went to New York ? How is sather going to get his rfas signed ?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
He should be fired. Why would we sign nabokov hes old ?

I thought we wanted an upgrade to lindback?

He cost us Vinny Marty Teddy Nate B.J. Anders Honey Badger Benoit fired boucher

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=914348

I thought a little humor on what im reading lately puts everything into perspective.

Oh the link is a fan of LA Kings a few years ago lol. Pretty funny stuff!!

YES THIS IS SARCASM :sarcasm:

But yes this is what im hearing still yesterday. Is still a lot of really just clueless fans. Steve even after all of this is a horrible GM.

Go deal with Ken Holland for a couple years see how you feel about that one people?

Is pretty much a lot of skepticism. People unhappy with nate gone teddy gone lindback gone. I am serious here a lot of even blatant hate for Steve in regards to CHANGE. People just don't like change they scream for it we got to get better but if we lose people to get better STEVIE IS EVIL and TERRIBLE and is running us into the ground.

I actually do not talk to those people just kinda put up the ignore I saw that thing:)

Hfboards are fans since most of you seem to have a clue allows me to just no longer talk to the true idiots I seem to encounter online:)

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
The job Yzerman has done is pretty incredible. Acquired Bishop, Cally, Garrison, Brewer, Roloson and Gagne via trading, signed Strålman, Boyle, Nabokov, Flip, Carle, Moore, Bergenheim, Clark and Salo as UFAs, drafted guys like Kucherov, Palat, Paquette, Erne, Gudlevskis, Ikonen, Nesterov etc. outside of the first round, signed UFA prospects Johnson, Brown, Sustr, Kunyk etc., signed some of our RFA's to great contracts (Hedman 4M/5y is probably the best one). Hired Cooper. He has done very few bad or even mediocre moves and basically is one of the most competitive GM's out there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the biggest reason to be excited is he didn't set us up to have a "window" of opportunity. He set up a system that replenishes itself and jump-started a culture of winning.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Key is vinik is a owner that let's yzerman run the hockey operations and stays out of the way that's key!

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I always appreciated Yzerman as a player, but the guy is really stepping up as a GM. Both of the Detroit's Assistant gms that left are making Holland looking bad. Nill is making great moves in Dallas. I wish Detroit kept one of them. Yzerman is really building a dynasty in Tampa Bay. I am excited to be a Lightning fan. This is the first time in a long time I can say I think we have a chance to win the cup this year. I also think having an owner that cares about hockey like Vinik goes a long way in building a dynasty. Look what Ilitch did for the Detroit during the 23 year playoff run.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
All hail Yzus!

70bowing.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It feels nice to have the best GM and best OWNER in the league.

They go way out of there way for sure making cap room when they trade Purcell then retain gagner salary then sign stralman Callahan Boyle Nabokov. Vinik has no issue spending money to make this team good. I think yzerman saw that quickly and took this job fast. But better yet they hired good scouts draft good players. Its pretty neat that players want to play for Tampa bay now. The thing that makes yzerman a great gm is he is not afraid to make changes. Ya we had 101 points we could have done nothing this off season but he goes and improves this hockey team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I always appreciated Yzerman as a player, but the guy is really stepping up as a GM. Both of the Detroit's Assistant gms that left are making Holland looking bad. Nill is making great moves in Dallas. I wish Detroit kept one of them. Yzerman is really building a dynasty in Tampa Bay. I am excited to be a Lightning fan. This is the first time in a long time I can say I think we have a chance to win the cup this year. I also think having an owner that cares about hockey like Vinik goes a long way in building a dynasty. Look what Ilitch did for the Detroit during the 23 year playoff run.

The Vinik/Illitch comparison is pretty apt. Hadn't thought about that.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I haven't got the time to do it but it would be interesting to see the evolution of the starting line up since the cowboys left. Also our prospect pool went from almost zero, to one of the best, with 10 picks in 2015.

Sorry we only have SFY locked up for only another 5 years.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The man is a wizard.

No. He's better than a wizard.

He's a wyzerd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad