Steve Simmons Attacks Marc Savard for no reason

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Simmons is an idiot. I've also heard Savard is not the most likeable guy around either.

From who Simmons ? Fans and Players seemed to like Savvy just fine when he played for the B's.

I know he keeps in touch with some of his former teammates and some of the guys who work for the B's.

He seemed to have a lot of positive energy ( I sit next to the B''s bench) I hated when he was gone.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
The attacks on media in general in this thread are ridiculous. I'm happy there are people asking hard questions (yes, even of hockey players!) so a story can be told.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It's ridiculous to hold a grudge against Savard for not speaking with the media - assuming Simmons is even telling the truth here - he was probably in a pretty bad place at the time and he doesn't owe anyone anything.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Pretty mild stuff from the Toronto media.

Savard should be careful of non-rounded edges if his skin is that thin though

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The attacks on media in general in this thread are ridiculous. I'm happy there are people asking hard questions (yes, even of hockey players!) so a story can be told.

what's the story, exactly? while savard was sitting in a dark, seemingly spinning room, he didn't return simmons' phone call? sounds like a great story, i wonder who owns the movie rights

Reactions: Cotton and bionic

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
what's the story, exactly? while savard was sitting in a dark, seemingly spinning room, he didn't return simmons' phone call? sounds like a great story, i wonder who owns the movie rights

I'm not talking specifically about this story, I'm talking about the general disdain being expressed for the media.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
From who Simmons ? Fans and Players seemed to like Savvy just fine when he played for the B's.

I know he keeps in touch with some of his former teammates and some of the guys who work for the B's.

He seemed to have a lot of positive energy ( I sit next to the B''s bench) I hated when he was gone.

I know some guys who were paired up with him as he was their celebrity in a golf event and he carried a real "I'm too good to talk to you" kind of attitude.

I remember hearing that he had that kind of attitude early in his career too. Not sure if it changed as he became a vet.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know some guys who were paired up with him as he was their celebrity in a golf event and he carried a real "I'm too good to talk to you" kind of attitude.

I remember hearing that he had that kind of attitude early in his career too. Not sure if it changed as he became a vet.
I heard that before he came to the B's but he seemed fine with his fellow players and fans in Boston. He was a blast to watch. Some of his playmaking moves were amazing.

I know he keeps in touch with some of his x teammates.

I hear he is/was a pretty good golfer.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I heard that before he came to the B's but he seemed fine with his fellow players and fans in Boston. He was a blast to watch. Some of his playmaking moves were amazing.

I know he keeps in touch with some of his x teammates.

I hear he is/was a pretty good golfer.

I'm not denying he was a good playmaker and he is supposedly a good golfer. That doesn't elminate the possibility of him being a bit of an a-hole though

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
What? Please PLEASE tell me you're joking. I can promise you that there is not a fan base on this Earth that hates Simmons as much as leaf fans do.
[mod] he has made more than one post in this thread about Leaf fans defending them and doesn't respond when anyone calls him on it. Just another poster who adds zero to every thread they enter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bionic

Cotton

May 13, 2013
What? Please PLEASE tell me you're joking. I can promise you that there is not a fan base on this Earth that hates Simmons as much as leaf fans do.

This is the second time in this thread he’s said something like this, and was already told he’s wrong, he’s just a ******* Oilers fan looking to rile people up.

Edit: Niz beat me to it, worth repeating though.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada

Unless it wasn't Savard, I think I read the same thing. This was years back. I could totally be confusing him with someone else though.

I thought I read that he was one of those "do you know who I am?" type of celebs.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Simmons is a joke.

He believes that he's entitled to everything and he tries to make the stories more about him, than the story itself.

He also complained that the media can't fly on the same airline as the players......

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
1. Simmons is a dick
2. That really isn't an "attack"
3. If Savard really does want to get into punditry he's going to need to grow MUCH thicker skin

Really dumb situation all around.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Not that i would use the word journalist to describe most sports writers. But what in the serious ****? What happened to the real journalists and why does every writer in every article sound like they are working for buzzfeed?

They say print is dead and you need click bait to sell stories, but i think clickbait is what actually turned people off from the news because it became sensationalist garbage filed with unprofessional libtards or out of touch conservatives yelling back and forth at each other.

I miss real journalism. And i miss actual people with degrees in journalism working in the industry. Steven Simmonds sounds like a straight out of highschool kid with a limited education.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad