Confirmed with Link: Steve Patterson named President/CEO

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
This is all great news. I remain skeptical about the team's ability to stay in the valley past next season. That said, tons of changes were made. If this is our last hoorah, it should be a good one!

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
Smart things happen when you don't have a pack of Canadian pretenders running the show

Great hire!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, that doesn't seem like a hire by a team that's planning on leaving Arizona soon. Encouraging.

edit: although, I imagine naysayers will point out all the connections in Houston, Seattle (Tacoma), and Portland, too...

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Brilliant guy, great hire. Go get us an arena Steve!!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Yeah, that doesn't seem like a hire by a team that's planning on leaving Arizona soon. Encouraging.

edit: although, I imagine naysayers will point out all the connections in Houston, Seattle (Tacoma), and Portland, too...
To be fair his skill set is perfect for relocation too. That said all signs are pointing to them giving their best effort to make something happen here first. I view this as a positive hire.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Counterpoint: They were already contracted with his personal business. If you were solely looking at relo and wanted him to guide it, it'd be far easier and less visible to have just done it through his consulting firm.

That doesn't mean they're staying, but it certainly seems like they'll be putting concerted effort into it as plan A.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Like this a lot. They're going all out to save this team. And if they can't do it here then wherever they land they'll have a great organization in place.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Like this a lot. They're going all out to save this team. And if they can't do it here then wherever they land they'll have a great organization in place.

I Agree. If relocation HAS to happen, I feel comfortable as a fan in feeling like they did everything they could to save the Franchise. I'll be a fan wherever they are. I couldn't say that for sure a year ago.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Holy smokes! Quite a resume!

Quite the resume is an understatement. Finally, we have some people with the knowledge and understanding of what it takes to run a business of this size. Like I have said many times, the Yotes are not going anywhere, "it's a done deal". My crystal ball was just a couple of years ahead of time.:) For me, this is the single most important hire or transaction all off season. This guy ozzes success. Barroway has really impressed the hell out of me.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Patterson will not stray from making tough decisions about budgeting/coaching/stadiums but he's impossible to work with. He's one of the biggest a-holes in sports, and I'm not even exaggerating.

His time at UT (while I was a student) was awful. Hopefully he learned from his mistakes that made him a giant flop with the 'Horns and the Trail Blazers.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Patterson will not stray from making tough decisions about budgeting/coaching/stadiums but he's impossible to work with. He's one of the biggest a-holes in sports, and I'm not even exaggerating.

His time at UT (while I was a student) was awful. Hopefully he learned from his mistakes that made him a giant flop with the 'Horns and the Trail Blazers.

In business you sometimes have to be an a-hole. I would rather have a guy who is not afraid to make decision and ruffle the feathers a few times than some pansy a--.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
In business you sometimes have to be an a-hole. I would rather have a guy who is not afraid to make decision and ruffle the feathers a few times than some pansy a--.

There's a huge difference between a boss making a tough decision & all of their employees hating them.

Guy Gadowsky

May 10, 2017
Patterson was a disaster at Texas in every sense of the word

Hopefully he still has some bridges left in the area and can give another go at a Yotes/Sun Devils arena

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He riled up a bunch of oldtime employees and big money boosters because he cut the gravy train. Then other decisions like raising ticket prices riled the student body. I really don't care that the good old boys club at UT hated him. He and the Butcher should get along just fine. I can't think of another place that needed that same sort of cleaning out of the good ol' boys network than the 2016-17 Coyotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad