Speculation: Steve Moses

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
He definitely would have gotten an opportunity to earn a role on this team.
Too bad he bailed on the team, its a huge mistake with nobody to blame but himself.

Yeah he "bailed"

Dude was legit good enough to play for the sens last year and this year. Miles better than Zack Smith. They were so focused on him scoring goals that they failed to see what they had. Same thing with Pageau last year look what happened this year. They got pigeonholed because of their size and people overlooked their skills both on and off the puck.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Yeah he "bailed"

Dude was legit good enough to play for the sens last year and this year. Miles better than Zack Smith. They were so focused on him scoring goals that they failed to see what they had. Same thing with Pageau last year look what happened this year. They got pigeonholed because of their size and people overlooked their skills both on and off the puck.

The Pageau example is perfect. He stuck to it, kept working hard and listening to coaches/management, and now I believe has shown himself to be a permanent NHLer. Hoffman did the same thing, he stuck around and waited for his chances and finally capitalized - he even signed a 2-way deal. None of Hoffman, Stone or Pageau were just handed their spots, they all were given several chances to earn one through their play and all eventually did just that. All three are going to get paid this summer and get some job security.

Da Costa had some good spurts last year and got very close, but yes - he bailed on the process and has nobody to blame but himself. I have nothing against the guy, hopefully he comes back and fixes his mistake, but its ridiculous to just blame the team for not handing him a spot over other guys who were willing to pay their dues.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Sucks for his NHL career but good for us that he "bailed". We would've lost him to waivers at the start of the season and he'd be lighting it up and contending for Calder with another NHL team now.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Unless I'm thinking of a different player named Moses, he played with Karlsson for Jokerit during the last lock-out. They had some pretty plays together (not to mention crazy production) so there's some chemistry and connection there.

As others have said, though, I don't know where he fits in exactly.

Anyone playing with Karlsson would've had great production. In fact it seems that FEL refs allowing clutch and grab frustrated Karlsson and decreased his scoring. In the games where he was motivated, he seemed to do almost whatever he wanted.

BigBush*

Anyone playing with Karlsson would've had great production. In fact it seems that FEL refs allowing clutch and grab frustrated Karlsson and decreased his scoring. In the games where he was motivated, he seemed to do almost whatever he wanted.

sounds like karlsson in the nhl :sarcasm:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Give Da Costa another chance. Maclean had trouble recognizing young talent. He didnt trust Stone, Hoffman, Pageau or Da Costa

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
You can't say thought that Moses bailed. He wasn't offered a contract in North America. He got his first professional contract from Jokerit. He was raw when he came and only blossomed this past season in the KHL. Taking an AHL deal 3 and half years ago would've been a career suicide for a player like him.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You can't say thought that Moses bailed. He wasn't offered a contract in North America. He got his first professional contract from Jokerit. He was raw when he came and only blossomed this past season in the KHL. Taking an AHL deal 3 and half years ago would've been a career suicide for a player like him.

They are talking about playmaking center DaCosta I believe.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
See I love Pageau. Pageau is the perfect player.

I have no regrets on Da Costa. I want a balls out guy like Pageau. Puempel played smart and hard and physical until he got injured too.

I have no knowledge of Moses at all.... But Pageau might as well be Jesus.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
See I love Pageau. Pageau is the perfect player.

I have no regrets on Da Costa. I want a balls out guy like Pageau. Puempel played smart and hard and physical until he got injured too.

I have no knowledge of Moses at all.... But Pageau might as well be Jesus.

And Da Costa is Judas, because he betrayed us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad