Speculation: Steve Moses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I hope the Sens sign him just so i can have fun using his name.

Hey guys did you see that? Moses just split all those defenders. :laugh:

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
latest

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Unless I'm thinking of a different player named Moses, he played with Karlsson for Jokerit during the last lock-out. They had some pretty plays together (not to mention crazy production) so there's some chemistry and connection there.

As others have said, though, I don't know where he fits in exactly.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Let's bring back Da Costa.

Too bad he isn't here already, I feel like he would have grown a lot along with the other youngsters and helped us immensely during this streak.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've read that Columbus has the inside track on signing him, because Jarmo was the Jokerit GM who brought him overseas and gave him a chance there.

Lots of loyalty in play, apparently?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Too bad he isn't here already, I feel like he would have grown a lot along with the other youngsters and helped us immensely during this streak.

Da Costa has conference final starting tomorrow vs Kovalchuk team.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
We'll need some guys to fill in the holes in Bingo left by Prince and Puempel, doubt he'd want that though.

Probably not. Like when we got Butler and Da Costa, he'll probably sign with a team that has NHL roster spots to offer sooner not later. He could make it here, but it's far from a given and like you said we'd almost certainly want him to put in some time in Bingo first. Don't think it's a fit from either side. That said, free wallet, right? Worth putting in a bid.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Its been mentioned that Murray was in Finland when Moses said he spoke with a GM. The gm expressed concern about moses' size n which moses replied saying if your small you have to work harder and be gritty or something. Moses is a former teammate or karlsson and former college teammate of Bobby Butler who ottawa signed out of college. Its likely the sens also scouted Moses when he was in college and i wouldnt be surprised if they are quite familar with him. The sens are rumored to be interested.

He said he wanted a top 6 role. He made it sound like hes wasnt interested in bottom 6 minutes and he made it sound like he ddnt think his game was suited for bottom 6 minutes. I got most this info from a college blog about him leading the khl in goal scoring. He did an interview over skype for the blog. He plays both wings to my knowledge. If there was room i'd like him but currently i'd rather give Prince and Puempel chances. One last thing. He said hes willing to take less in the NHL to play then in the khl

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm never against signing a skill guy, but the big question is where he would slot in on our depth chart.

I don't know much about him. Would he sign a two way deal? Is he one of those guys who will probably not be retained as the K re-organizes itself? Hard to form any opinion with so little info.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
He said he wanted a top 6 role. He made it sound like hes wasnt interested in bottom 6 minutes and he made it sound like he ddnt think his game was suited for bottom 6 minutes. I got most this info from a college blog about him leading the khl in goal scoring. He did an interview over skype for the blog. He plays both wings to my knowledge. If there was room i'd like him but currently i'd rather give Prince and Puempel chances. One last thing. He said hes willing to take less in the NHL to play then in the khl

Pass right there. I note that none of this "has to be in the top 6" has been uttered around the Sens or fans since Cameron has been here. One reason the Sens are rolling is that there is skill and pop below the top 6.

"I need top 6" AKA "I need someone else to make me look good." That excuse is trotted out to easily for prospects that don't make it, peaking of course with Filly - whether he does rebounds or not.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Pass right there. I note that none of this "has to be in the top 6" has been uttered around the Sens or fans since Cameron has been here. One reason the Sens are rolling is that there is skill and pop below the top 6.

"I need top 6" AKA "I need someone else to make me look good." That excuse is trotted out to easily for prospects that don't make it, peaking of course with Filly - whether he does rebounds or not.

Agreed, easy pass. I don't see where he could fit into the lineup let alone the top 6. He wants top 6? Work your way up like everybody else. 95% of the time those KHL signings never work in the NHL. Only guy I can think of that's been noticeable is Lethera.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Agreed, easy pass. I don't see where he could fit into the lineup let alone the top 6. He wants top 6? Work your way up like everybody else. 95% of the time those KHL signings never work in the NHL. Only guy I can think of that's been noticeable is Lethera.

Montreal signed that khl guy they traded to Anaheim. He looked good in my limited viewing and they were saying its like they had a late first round talent prospect added to their team. I actually think it works out at least often enough to give it a shot if you believe the guy has talent. You could say Radulov maybe. He came back and looked like a top line winger for nashville before leaving again. I like Belov even though he didnt do great on Edmonton. To be fair Edmonton is/was a gong show

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
DaCosta would look so good on this roster.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Michalek-Turris-Stone
Macarthur-Da Costa-Chiasson
Condra/Legwand/Smith-Pageau-Lazar.

That's 2 first lines, a 2nd/3rd line, and elite 3rd line.

All 4 of these lines would have the potential to score and be deadly, would benefit Karlsson so much too. They are all fast lines with high playmaking ability , furthermore they would all be pretty good defensively. Perhaps switch DaCosta and Pageau to balance it out. But danm, I feel like that is one of the deepest forward corps in the league.
Especially with guys like Puempel and Prince looking solid in their stints.

We have a lot to look forward to

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

He definitely would have gotten an opportunity to earn a role on this team.
Too bad he bailed on the team, its a huge mistake with nobody to blame but himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad