Rumor: Steve Moses (CLB/EDM interested)

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
These are the type of signings you'd hope for when you draft big centers like Strome and Draisaitl. The size down the middle compensates for the lack of size on the wing. And it's only going to cost us a contract.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
I'm all for it, especially if they're able to get rid of Purcell. MacT said that he wants to add size and speed and Moses definitely brings the latter. He would be our fastest/second fastest skater.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The savior

Good stats tho in the KHL. Decent add for a 3rd scoring line

Not sure I see a difference between him and 2.0 PPG Arcobello

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Here we go again. I'll call it now. MacT steps to the podium, I present to you the Khl's Theo Fleury. Scott definitely has it right this time:laugh:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Oilers have a lot of contract number issues to work out. Not sure how they will fit a guy like him in, but should be interesting to see.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Worth a gamble IMO.

Just watched that highlight, not only does he have very good top end speed, but his acceleration is very good as well. At worst he maybe a Gerbe clone.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Worth a gamble IMO.

Just watched that highlight, not only does he have very good top end speed, but his acceleration is very good as well. At worst he maybe a Gerbe clone.

I'd offer a two way deal. Will that get it done? I doubt it. He signs with the Jackets.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers have a lot of contract number issues to work out. Not sure how they will fit a guy like him in, but should be interesting to see.

I think signing a guy like this would spell the end of the road for Pitlick or C.Hamilton. This kid can fly and score, two things we're not great at. There's still this leftover thought that we're a fast team - we really aren't. Also created that goal in the YouTube link with a nice backcheck

We have room for O'Connor or another NCAA goalie too, Tuohimaa and Bunz can walk.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd offer a two way deal. Will that get it done? I doubt it. He signs with the Jackets.

If the thread on the main boards is correct his deal has to be two way, having never signed an NHL deal before.

Who cares if it's two way anyway, it's just Katz money. He won't be waiver eligible either way - maybe?

Guy just set a KHL record in goals. I don't think 'we're good', no.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The savior

Good stats tho in the KHL. Decent add for a 3rd scoring line

Not sure I see a difference between him and 2.0 PPG Arcobello

He's faster and more dynamic than Arcobello.

Now he might not be better than someone like Brunner, who was also fast and undersized... but it doesn't hurt to try.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
All contracts would count for next year. Oilers have a lot of people that they should let walk this year.
23 Active contracts (full NHL team- this includes all RFA's as signed
14 Inactive (minor league contracts not on NHL Roster)
5 RFA minors we could sign (Davidson, hamilton C, Bunz, Lain,Touhimma)
Plus 2013 drafted player we sign.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
If the thread on the main boards is correct his deal has to be two way, having never signed an NHL deal before.

Who cares if it's two way anyway, it's just Katz money. He won't be waiver eligible either way.

:laugh:....Scott is that you...Exactly what Howson said to MacT before signing Nikitin. Just kidding.

Fair enough it is only money. I wonder what he makes at the moment? If he is a top scorer over there it has to be a pretty decent amount. If they want to pay a guy in the minors 1m+ go for it. :dunno:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
The first thing that popped into my head besides..whatever?....was the name Tony Salmelainen....Same size guys and the stats are fairly comparable. If we can bring this guy in and eventually convert him into another Spacek I'd be all over that bandwagon:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad