Injury Report: Steve Mason (broken right pinky) returned to ice Aug. 18 per Philadelphia Daily News

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nah..evil is pouring O'Douls in a different bottle and giving it to women and then watching them pretend they are drunk. Did that in college on occassion....

:laugh:

I didn't even pour it into different bottles. I would just hand it to a freshman who didn't know better and see if he or she went stupid.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Those idiots could be drunk all day every day and nobody would notice because it's not really possible for their writing to be any worse.

Oh, they made spelling mistakes and said stupid **** that makes no sense to anyone but themselves? Yeah, that's the standard.

If they don't get fired for writing the garbage they currently do then I can't imagine a scenario that would lead to them getting canned.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
can you imagine if masons injury was serious? if he was going to be out for first couple weeks? or more? now i dont like to throw the word catastrophe around but....what exactly would we have done??

all those that defended emery coming back dont be afraid to chime in.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
can you imagine if masons injury was serious? if he was going to be out for first couple weeks? or more? now i dont like to throw the word catastrophe around but....what exactly would we have done??

all those that defended emery coming back dont be afraid to chime in.

Hextal would have to come out of retirement

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
That is the thing with Emery....he is very capable as long as he is not playing a string of games...he showed in the playoffs his health limits him. Any long term injury to Mason or if Mason reverts back to his Columbus days and it will not be fun. Also please dont say that this can be said about any backup...not every backup has a serious hip condition or isnt healthy. Emery gets by on sheer will which I commend but that can only get you so far. Let's hope Mason stays healthy and continues to improve...

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
That is the thing with Emery....he is very capable as long as he is not playing a string of games...he showed in the playoffs his health limits him. Any long term injury to Mason or if Mason reverts back to his Columbus days and it will not be fun. Also please dont say that this can be said about any backup...not every backup has a serious hip condition or isnt healthy. Emery gets by on sheer will which I commend but that can only get you so far. Let's hope Mason stays healthy and continues to improve...

agree with this 100%....and due to his hip condition i worry that very soon he may not be capable period.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Honestly, if Mason gets injured for an extended period of time, I think Stolarz gets the nod and goes 50/50 with Emery.

And if the injury is bad enough, they'd probably sign Brodeur to split the net with him.

Either way, I don't think they'd ever let Emery be the guy for any extended period of time.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Don't worry guys if he gets hurt Bryzgalov is still...... I can't even finish that sentence without laughing.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Honestly, if Mason gets injured for an extended period of time, I think Stolarz gets the nod and goes 50/50 with Emery.

I really can't see that happening. That would not be fair to Stolarz. Trading for a fill-in goalie isn't that difficult. I'd say even Zepp gets the nod before Stolarz.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I really can't see that happening. That would not be fair to Stolarz. Trading for a fill-in goalie isn't that difficult. I'd say even Zepp gets the nod before Stolarz.
They're not going to trade for a goalie if Mason's injured for any period of time less than a month.

And there's no chance Zepp sees NHL time. If Mason's out for 10-12 games (ie, one month) after Stolarz has some AHL experience under his belt at that point, it's not inconceivable for him to get 4 or 5 games in.

John Gibson got the net in the playoffs even when Anaheim actually had capable NHL goalies. I know that's John Gibson, but just a handful of regular season games wouldn't be a huge deal provided Stolarz has done well in the AHL, of course.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

They would make a trade or sign a FA. No chance in hell they throw Stolarz in as a 20 year old. Zepp would play ahead of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad