Speculation: Steve MacIntyre Should be in Edmonton the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
The biggest way to hurt the Canucks would be to win the game.

Lol. Let's try to keep the conversation out of the realm of the absurd. We're talking about real possibilities here, like SMac being an actual NHLer, not something crazy like the Oilers beating a division rival. Come on, man.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah it makes me feel like a big man, or you know the fact that I'm 6'6" kind of also makes me feel like a big man oddly enough.

Everyone on the internet is.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear what having MacIntyre assault Kassian would actually accomplish in real terms (so not counting the rush of blood to the nether regions of the braying masses).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear what having MacIntyre assault Kassian would actually accomplish in real terms (so not counting the rush of blood to the nether regions of the braying masses).

What wouldn't it accomplish? We are already losing.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

The concepts of "revenge", "retribution", and "accountability" obviously do not exist in your vocabulary.

Why discipline a child for misbehaving? Why punish criminals? Afterall, it doesn't really right the wrong that has taken place, does it?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Remember back in 08 when we had that big brawl with the Canucks and they were trying to fight every single person on our team?

We got the last laugh when we ended their playoff hopes.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
The concepts of "revenge", "retribution", and "accountability" obviously do not exist in your vocabulary.

I know those words. I also know words like "vigilantism" and "blowback."

Why discipline a child for misbehaving? Why punish criminals? Afterall, it doesn't really right the wrong that has taken place, does it?

First: the league already punished Kassian.
Second: punishment/discipline in society is in part to serve as a deterrent for future misbehaviour. Doesn't apply here.
Third and last: it saddens me to see so many Oilers fans willing to lower themselves to Canucks-levels of d-baggery in the service of a lost cause and to pump up their own sagging egos.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I know those words. I also know words like "vigilantism" and "blowback."

First: the league already punished Kassian.
Second: punishment/discipline in society is in part to serve as a deterrent for future misbehaviour. Doesn't apply here.
Third and last: it saddens me to see so many Oilers fans willing to lower themselves to Canucks-levels of d-baggery in the service of a lost cause and to pump up their own sagging egos.

The league did not punish Kassian. Getting suspended and not having to waste time playing in worthless pre-season games is something most players wouldn't mind.

A lot of people like to tell themselves that prison is there to deter future misbehavior. Yet most people in prison are not in there for the first time, and most that get released just end up back there anyway. It should be designed to punish, the way it used to be.

It saddens me that there are people in here who don't have an issue with a player on another team clubbing one of ours in the face, not apologizing (since it was intentional), and then mocking that player and other players afterwards. Probably the same people that would watch their friend get beaten up for his lunch money at recess and just quietly slip away hoping it didn't happen to them.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
The league did not punish Kassian. Getting suspended and not having to waste time playing in worthless pre-season games is something most players wouldn't mind.

He missed five regular season games and shelled out more than $20K in fines.

A lot of people like to tell themselves that prison is there to deter future misbehavior. Yet most people in prison are not in there for the first time, and most that get released just end up back there anyway. It should be designed to punish, the way it used to be.

And your point here is? Do you think going to prison isn't itself a form of punishment?

It saddens me that there are people in here who don't have an issue with a player on another team clubbing one of ours in the face, not apologizing (since it was intentional), and then mocking that player and other players afterwards. Probably the same people that would watch their friend get beaten up for his lunch money at recess and just quietly slip away hoping it didn't happen to them.

And again: what does having Kassian fight MacIntyre achieve here? Say you get your wish and Mac beats Kassian to a bloody pulp. You think that'd be the end of it? or what?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
He missed five regular season games and shelled out more than $20K in fines.

Forgot he did miss some regular season games, OK then. How many did Gagner miss?

And your point here is? Do you think going to prison isn't itself a form of punishment?

Maybe for us. Certain segments of society would view free meals, a warm place to sleep, and a roof over their head as an upgrade on their current situation.

And again: what does having Kassian fight MacIntyre achieve here? Say you get your wish and Mac beats Kassian to a bloody pulp. You think that'd be the end of it? or what?

I'd be satisfied that that was the end of it. If Kassian is beaten to a bloody pulp, shamed and embarrassed by it I would suspect, he's paid for his crime in my books.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield

No it is not going to end anything it will start the battle of west. I wlll rather go to war instead raising white flag without shooting single shot.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This guy didn't

odd-deep-freeze-prison-escape.jpg

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I can't wait until the Canucks come back and take out Taylor Hall.

Kind of how the Avalanche came back and took out Yzerman after Darren McCarty revenge-pummeled Claude Lemieux....right?

And who could forget the Leafs injuring Phil Esposito after Bobby Orr beat the **** out of Pat Quinn as retribution for a previous hit? Oh, wait...

As usual your assertions fail to pass the smell test.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Kind of how the Avalanche came back and took out Yzerman after Darren McCarty revenge-pummeled Claude Lemieux....right?

And who could forget the Leafs injuring Phil Esposito after Bobby Orr beat the **** out of Pat Quinn as retribution for a previous hit? Oh, wait...

As usual your assertions fail to pass the smell test.

And who could forget Bertuzzi coming back to take out Steve Moore...

You really have this major delusion that attacking someone on the Canucks is going to make them back off.

Toughness is a team thing. If the entire team plays physical against the Canucks that will make them back off.

MacIntyre taking out Kassian for 5 minutes solves nothing. There's a reason why teams don't do this. It simply doesn't work.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

There are people on here that have met me that can vouch for my height, good enough for you or would you need to meet me with measuring tape and a ladder in hand?

What it would accomplish is to show teams that we don't put up with BS like what Kassian did to Gagner and that if they plan on doing it they will pay for it in blood, pretty simple concept to grasp IMO.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Good gawd....how is this topic still relevant? MacIntyre is nothing but a goon who can't play at the NHL level....maybe not even the AHL level. This is not 1976 anymore. If you can't skate, check or score, you can't play in the NHL.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
What it would accomplish is to show teams that we don't put up with BS like what Kassian did to Gagner and that if they plan on doing it they will pay for it in blood, pretty simple concept to grasp IMO.

No. What it would accomplish is provide other teams with a player to laugh at and know that the Oilers are wasting a roster spot on this goober.

There's a reason he can't stick with an NHL team....and barely hang on with an AHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad