Speculation: Steve MacIntyre Should be in Edmonton the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Gazdic was billed as a little bit less the fighter he is but a much better player. I don't really buy it, Gazdic is pretty bad with the puck as well, only difference was MacIntyre was just chipping it out of his own zone where as Gazdic seems to prefer to skate it out and then turn it over in the neutral zone.

But really at this point my goal is for neither one to be here and everyone on the 4th line can handle the puck enough to get it to the other end and keep it there. I still hate our 4th line save for Joensuu.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
just curious.. when a player gets waived, how much of his salary does he lose/keep?

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
The fourth line is playing so little anyway that one of our top9 wingers can rotate foruth line left wing position and Smac can be on the ice 1-2 minutes a game.

Gazdig can be on the team too. When we have meaningless games after Olympic break it would be a lot fun to come to see fights. If we have girly whimpy line up at that time. I will stay in home and keep reading good books

Dooman

Mar 8, 2006
I still find it unbelievably ironic that he injured himself trying to hit the person who would replace him.(opening up his roster spot in the process)

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nice to see that a good guy like Mac was able to pick up a NHL paycheck for a while. Great fighter, bad hockey player. Gazdic can play the game a little bit and hung in with a top 3 fighter in McGratton IMO. We dont need to waste a roster spot or cap space on Mac.

Believer1

Nov 15, 2013
Kinda sad as I thought he seemed like a nice guy but the chips have fallen the way the they were meant to be....it is a business after all.
Hopefully he gets another chance somewhere if warranted.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I like watching him fight, but he can't play hockey. I'm glad he got waived. Hope he gets claimed. He shouldn't be in an Oil jersey.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Meh... he's filler until we have size + skill.

Hopefully Curtis Hamilton and Pitlick end up as serviceable 4th liners. We don't need fighters, just forecheckers/hitters... which those two are. However, they are often injured more than they are playing.

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005
Meh... he's filler until we have size + skill.

Hopefully Curtis Hamilton and Pitlick end up as serviceable 4th liners. We don't need fighters, just forecheckers/hitters... which those two are. However, they are often injured more than they are playing.

Pitlick is very close, but Hamilton hasn't played much yet this season. He's a pick that I liked a lot at the time, when he was drafted, but he's struggled since turning pro. I was hoping that this year would be his year, but he's suffered quite a few setbacks with injuries in his young career. I just want the kid to play. I'm sure hoping that he elevates his game significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad