Steve Downie Destroys AZ Coyotes on Twitter - Calls Tippett an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Tippet is a terrible coach.

But that tweet killed more than a few braincells.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
technically, he didn't call tippet an idiot. he said either the game has changed or tippett is an idiot.

the game has clearly changed, therefore he did not call tippett an idiot.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
tippett has become an awful coach over the years, far cry from his days in dallas. not sure how he's managed to stick around for so long

and is downie drunk?

Last year, there was a power struggle. An owner that is good friends with Dave Tippett (they're both from the same area of Canada) had a lot of influence at the time, because the others were fading a bit financially, gave him the title of VP, a five year extension that hasn't even started, and fired Don Maloney (a well respected GM that was executing a great rebuild at the time). All of that for a coach that got increasingly less out of his rosters, and one that chose to play career AHL players over young talent that needed to be developed and evaluated, even when the team was completely out of the race.

Now everyone can see the emperor has no clothes because there's nobody left to blame.

Dave Tippett is the type of coach that puts Holland (a castaway warm body) on the 2nd line the moment he is claimed off waivers but puts Christian Dvorak, a rookie that is 2nd in P/60 on the team and leads the team in plus-minus, on the 4th line.

He is an awful coach that the game has left behind.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Mcdavid broke his hand in a fight. And hall injured himself in a fight. It happens souray was probably the oilers best player when he got injured fighting

Mar 12, 2009
"Destroys" is a bit of a stretch. If anything, he makes himself look more like a moron with his spelling and grammatical mistakes.

I've seen this type of comment a few times and I find it curious HF is critical of spelling within a 140 character limit from a player, but if you criticize someone or correct someone's poor spelling on HF where there is no character limit, many jump in with the whole "this isn't school", "you're a grammar nazi" etc. Just kind of funny.

I find it so funny people are going to look past what Downie is saying on the basis of his grammar.

I find that peculiar as well.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
The team literally picks up the contracts of retired players to help other teams loophole around the cap. No respect for that organization. That being said, Domi would be an idiot no matter what team he played for. His classic "jump the player to start a fight" tactic backfired this time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I find it so funny people are going to look past what Downie is saying on the basis of his grammar.

Others are looking past it because Downie is a gigantic PoS. And others are using the grammar to reinforce their belief that Downie's brain is little more than a pile of mush.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
who the *** is steve downie??

also i would definitely not quantify that as "destroying" them

more as like what i would except a 14 yo middle school girl to tweet after randy went for a shake and fries w/ becky and not her

that is some serious bitterness and passive aggressiveness there tbh imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad