Steve Baertschi, biggest steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBrian

Jan 25, 2015
St. Louis
Him not wanting to sign with the flames made it so they had to trade him at a lesser value, he is currently over ppg in the ahl, already has some nhl experience, and was a former 13th overall pick....This could be the biggest steal since the habs traded McDonagh for Gomez....

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Him not wanting to sign with the flames made it so they had to trade him at a lesser value, he is currently over ppg in the ahl, already has some nhl experience, and was a former 13th overall pick....This could be the biggest steal since the habs traded McDonagh for Gomez....

Steve must be awesome
We just have this decent guy I've always liked named Sven

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
This seems premature

Sure, but then so was all of the hand wringing about how it was a waste of a 2nd round pick. I'm willing to go with a bit of projection here and say it is looking like it *could* be a steal and accept that it may never happen.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Sure, but then so was all of the hand wringing about how it was a waste of a 2nd round pick. I'm willing to go with a bit of projection here and say it is looking like it *could* be a steal and accept that it may never happen.

The greatest steal since Gomez-McDonagh?

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
I'd wait another 3-4 years before declaring whether or not he's a steal. AHL numbers don't mean anything. Jeff Tambellini scored over a point a game in the AHL, but turned out to be a bust. If Sven goes on to be a top-6 forward for 5+ years, then it would be a steal. If he's nothing more than a 3rd liner, then the trade is pretty much a wash.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Yeah in the context of whining about giving up a second round pick, as always this still looks pretty good. In context of this thread, I don't get too excited about AHL production. I see him as kinda where he should be in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad