Stephen A. Smith talking about your team.

How would you feel if Stephen A. Smith targeted your team and made fun of them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
So far Stephen A. Smith has made fun of the Oilers and Maple Leafs.

How would you feel if Stephen A. Smith targeted your team and made fun of them?

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Its so typical that hockey fans would be bothered by this (clearly not most in the poll, but some)

Only hockey fans want the sport to themselves; nobody else can talk hockey [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Dudes a loser with his own sport. Him talking about hockey is like Charlie Sheen talking about sobriety, its more of a side show than anything.

Reactions: tricky

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He came up in Philly through the Inquirer, so he got a hell of a lot of airplay here over the years. I am entirely inured to his shtick by now.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Don’t really care what Smith or Baylis have to say about the sport because well frankly they know less than even the most casual fan. The bar is set really low on sports analyst or whatever you want to call them and they’re not even funny like McAfee.

Reactions: DaveG and HBK27

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
That dude is one of the most annoying humans in general. It wouldn't make me angry, but yes it would annoy me because he is.... annoying.

Reactions: tricky

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Not sure I get the poll.

If my beer league team was mentioned on ESPN, I'd be super proud. Even if it was a joke at our expense.

Reactions: DaveG and COHawk

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Its so typical that hockey fans would be bothered by this (clearly not most in the poll, but some)

Only hockey fans want the sport to themselves; nobody else can talk hockey besides known white entities

Ridiculous to try to bring race into this.

Nobody has a problem with personalities like Kevin Weekes or Anson Carter talking hockey because they are well informed and offer great insight into the game. Screamin' A. Smith is a complete clown show that has no problem shouting out uniformed opinions and "hot takes" to create controversy or get a rise out of people. He was completely exposed for his commentary on MMA, which much like the NHL he knows absolutely nothing about. I'm glad he's being called out by Kwame Brown now for Smith attacking him throughout his playing career. Jason Whitlock also just had a brutal 15-minute takedown of Smith on a recent podcast, calling out how he's "paid to talk uninformed sh*t" which is a rather accurate description IMO.

I'm glad that the NHL will be getting more exposure on ESPN and hopefully that will help grow the game, but sorry if I'm not at all excited to hear Smith's "hot takes" and babbling nonsense about a sport he knows nothing about and could care less to learn about...a sport that he's already been on camera saying he would not talk about. That has nothing to do with his race and it's insulting for you to even insinuate that.

Last edited:

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
SAS annoys me talking about hockey in general. Not because he’s a blowhard sensationalist that knows nothing about the game because there are plenty of those out there. Before ESPN got the TV rights SAS used to shit on hockey. If you don’t want to talk about the game that’s fine, your network doesn’t have a vested interest in it but don’t crap on the game itself.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
voted that I wouldn't be bothered cuz how can it bother me if I have no idea who this dude is?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Black people don't really care about hockey that much overall, and just because this guy talks about it once in a while, doesn't mean they will.

It's infinitely more 'cringe' to force something on a demographic that has never, and will never, like it.
Maybe NHL should try to sell the sport to black community instead of saying "screw it, they will never care" mentality?

Reactions: DaveG and Lt Dan

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
He is talking head on ESPN. Primarily NBA.
Because of ESPN's new hockey contract he is suddenly talking about the NHL

Here is a clip for you

No wonder I don't know him, I'm Canadian so I don't watch ESPN at all
Still wouldn't be offended as anything that brings positive attention to hockey is a good thing in my books

Reactions: DaveG and Lt Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad