Stephen A. Smith talking about your team.

How would you feel if Stephen A. Smith targeted your team and made fun of them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
No wonder I don't know him, I'm Canadian so I don't watch ESPN at all
Still wouldn't be offended as anything that brings positive attention to hockey is a good thing in my books

That's what I figured when I saw your location and I very much agree on the bolded part.

This is ultimately good for hockey. ESPN is only doing it because of their investment in the sport , but if it brings in 5 new fans, everyone wins

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

member 329811

His opinion of the Sabres would likely be considered a compliment compared to how most people feel about the organization right now - I doubt he could one-up how lifers feel about the franchise... words can't describe it... although the Picard facepalm with a migraine comes close.

Reactions: DaveG

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
No wonder I don't know him, I'm Canadian so I don't watch ESPN at all
Still wouldn't be offended as anything that brings positive attention to hockey is a good thing in my books

In a nutshell, he said

1. McDavid/Draisatl should be embarrassed for getting swept as two of the best players/they have to be better
2. The Leafs are the Cowboys of Canada/hockey… overhyped, underachieving, self-important franchises

not much to be offended about

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
In a nutshell, he said

1. McDavid/Draisatl should be embarrassed for getting swept as two of the best players/they have to be better
2. The Leafs are the Cowboys of Canada/hockey… overhyped, underachieving, self-important franchises

not much to be offended about

I mean, he's not wrong. Both of those are 100% accurate

I personally love any network talking about the NHL and it's kind of nice to see a new person talking about the sport rather than the same few guys we get here in Canada

Reactions: Lt Dan

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not sure he even gets any respect among NBA fans, so I don't see why an NHL fan would care what some media personality from ESPN thinks of their hockey team. He's just reaching for low hanging fruit and hopping on the bandwagon to get his two cents in while everyone's already beaten the dead horse. Call me crazy, but a guy who's probably watched fewer than 10 hockey games in his lifetime isn't exactly someone I look to for my hockey news.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
There should be a third option for "I would like Stephen A. Smith to talk about my hockey team. It would bring me and my teammates great joy".
upload_2021-6-4_10-8-22.png

Reactions: Agent Zub

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Maybe NHL should try to sell the sport to black community instead of saying "screw it, they will never care" mentality?
How would you propose they do this?

If billionaires are ready to step up and provide cheap or free equipment to black communities and incentivize them to take up the sport, then by all means. But, the reality is, they're just another demographic billionaires want to make money off of. That won't change.

Until this kind of generosity happens, any ad campaigns or whatever else they employ is not going to be that effective.

It's just cheaper, and more appealing, for lower income people to play other sports.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Some media guy who isn't funny nor insightful that people think is God's gift to earth, or something other.

The bar has just been set so low because the media in general just sucks, that people are looking for a change of direction in whatever way possible; even if it also sucks.
Good grief, do you think this negatively every single day?

He makes talking sports more fun; who cares if his opinion is hot or wrong, its more about the entertainment of listening to sports talk but with characters vs the old radio heads like Francesca

if you dont like him dont watch him. 'Gods gift to Earth', only Youve ever said that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad