Value of: Stepan or Kreider to Vancouver

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern, we haven't made any moves to indicate a rebuild, the moves we have made are acquiring cheap prime age players (Holden, Grabner) to fill the gaps for what is evidently going to be another failed attempt at a cup run we haven't moved any vets or acquired any young assets.
These are facts not your kind of facts which are opinions presented as facts, but actual facts.

I'm not saying you're wrong in wanting to make the team younger, bigger and faster, I'm just trying to say that from what we've seen so far this summer there's nothing to really indicate that we're going for this grand scale rebuild or else it surely would have started around draft time rather than delaying the process until this point.

IMO the forward core is fine and will be for the next few years, if we can manage to replace Girardi and Boyle with guys that are even remotely solid then this team will maybe have a shot, if not we may see your grand rebuild after-all.

no we are NOT making another failed cup run.

gorton grabbed Grabner cheap as a contingency with the hope that maybe he adds what Hagelin took when he departed. I don't know why he signed Gerbe, but it's small potatoes, I guy, let it go. The rest of the signings are more potential keepers, guys like Clendenning.

It is the end of the 1st wk of July. The dust has not settled yet. When it does, Stepan should be gone. Brass, maybe a little longer to stoke bidding, more suitors for a guy who can W or C; Nash, we don't need TOP dollar, but need a decent return which is a fit for us, and if that is not immediate, it pays to take him into the season and if, as likely, he has a good start, then see what the increased offers are.

Staal/Girardi any time, but limited markets.
Girardi for Howard, I'm on record
MStaal remains to be seen....

screw AV and this mindset of another cup run with this crowd.
Get better, build around the young core, then try.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
1. I never said that they were scraps, invest in hooked on phonics, slappy. I asked if he thought he would get Stepan for scraps. Two top prospects was too much according to that poster. So what does he think he can get Stepan for, spare parts? Future considerations?

2. It would probably take a young roster player, prospect and a pick at least to get Stepan. Gorton isn't a moron like Chiarelli who clearly overplayed his hand and made a panic move.

3. Obviously, you don't know who Pavel Buchnevich is. So here's a suggestion... Quit while you're ahead.

Easy, yes we know who he is. But you have the worst prospect pool in the NHL. Buchnevich is a decent prospect but after that not much there.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Easy, yes we know who he is. But you have the worst prospect pool in the NHL. Buchnevich is a decent prospect but after that not much there.

Still doesn't change the fact that there probably are lot of scouts and executives who would take Buchnevich over Boeser or Virtanen.

Not to mention that according to previous posts in this thread, half of the Vancouver fan base has soured on Virtanen.

Worry about your own team's prospect pool and future.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
based on the value of top 4 dmen(Tanev being at worst a #3 and more likely a #2) his value is higher than that of Kreider or Stepan at this point.

Last 2 years:
Stepan:
#5 fwd 1.57 EVA/60
#14 fwd 2.23 EVP/60

D. Sedin
#104 .73 EVG/60
#56 1.17 EVA/60
#61 1.90 EVp/60

winning is aboyut GF and GA.
if the 1 for 1
Larsson
top 10 HSCA D HSC shots (8.5% to 20% success) rater
#5 25.02 SA/60
#1 1.52 GA/60
#6 4.47 PKGA/60
which cost us

Hall
#79 .80 EVG/60
#2 1.78 EVA/60
#5 2.57 EVP/60

the #1 def D for a top 15 GF Forward.

Tanev
Top 60 HSCA d
#6 25.07 SA/60
#73 GA/60 Vancouver has bad HSCA save% goaltending rather than top 8 cup caliber goaltending. top 5 #1 price; #2 Holtby; #3 Schnieder; #4 Lundquist; #5 Talbot
#16 PKGA D.

Stepan for Tanev in a 1 for 1.

Giving up one of the best Def D in the game is probably a really; Really; Really; bad idea!

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The Sedins, Virtanen for Kreider and Stepan.

Try again.

The Rangers aren't giving Kreider or Stepan away. If Vancouver wants either, or both, the price starts at a combination of Boeser, Virtanen, and the 2017 1st that is not lottery protected. If that's not a palatable price for two top 6 players in their mid-20's, then you keep your players, and we'll keep ours.

Capisce?

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Or you could just keep getting verbally owned because you really don't have a point nor are you witty enough to play this little game you seem to want to play with me.

Your choice though.

I'm not playing a game I wanted to make a Tobias reference, I don't feel the need to try and be the smartest wittiest guy on the Internet.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'm not playing a game I wanted to make a Tobias reference, I don't feel the need to try and be the smartest wittiest guy on the Internet.

resized_tobias-meme-generator-oh-tobias-you-blowhard-f8847d.jpg

Last edited:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Virtanen is going to be a beast within a few years. It's unbelievable how people talk about a 19-year old kid sometimes

I've only seen him in junior and a little in the NHL this year, so I'm not gonna act like I know everything about him, but his junior numbers aren't impressive and that kind of causes concern for me, being that he was more physically developed and bigger than a lot of his peers at that level.

Personally, I'd want him to be more dominant. The numbers don't suggest that he was. From the eye test, he was definitely a force, but I just personally wasn't enamored with him.

People have said the same things about Kreider though, so if I were a canucks fan, I wouldn't cast him off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad