Value of: Stepan or Kreider to Vancouver

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Vancouver is looking to add a top 6 player with gritt that can score. Kreider would be preferable here for LW and cheaper. What would it take to get either one to Vancouver?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
More than Vancouver would be willing to pay, most likely.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Vancouver is looking to add a top 6 player with gritt that can score. Kreider would be preferable here for LW and cheaper. What would it take to get either one to Vancouver?

consider 100% Kreider is shot down, he only goes if there is MASSIVE overpayment or if as part of a package for an elite. Without him NYR = Canadiens, w/o special speed, power, etc. Unique physical beast extremely difficult to replace. Plus, even if the ? were considered, it makes more sense for NY to sign him long term max, pushing down his avg annual salary # vs cap, and maxing his value in trade down the road as opposed to RFA dumping now. FORGET IT.

Stepan on the other hand, your bid is as good as anybody else's.
NY needs to trade its vets and consolidate into less expensive picks and prospects, partly for overdue cap mgmt but more important short term is to get ahead of the expansion draft curve, less guys to have to protect.

Stepan Brass Zuc are who we are looking at, and we will not move w/out an incentive but we just need a nice profit, not something crazy. We are looking for a substantial offer, not expecting a heist. Stepan in particular earns a NMC after next season, which is defeated with a trade before, so he is on the market, just, like I said, not to be given away.

Hit me w/your best shot...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Vancouver doesn't really have anything realistic that I'm interested in.

That's the case a lot with Kreider. He's one of those players where we really have no interest in realistic returns but he's not good enough to bring back something we really want. That happens with players with unique skill sets.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
consider 100% Kreider is shot down, he only goes if there is MASSIVE overpayment or if as part of a package for an elite. Without him NYR = Canadiens, w/o special speed, power, etc. Unique physical beast extremely difficult to replace. Plus, even if the ? were considered, it makes more sense for NY to sign him long term max, pushing down his avg annual salary # vs cap, and maxing his value in trade down the road as opposed to RFA dumping now. FORGET IT.

NY needs to trade its vets and consolidate into less expensive picks and prospects, partly for overdue cap mgmt but more important short term is to get ahead of the expansion draft curve, less guys to have to protect.

Stepan Brass Zuc are who we are looking at, and we will not move w/out an incentive but we just need a nice profit, not something crazy. We are looking for a substantial offer, not expecting a heist. Stepan in particular earns a NMC after next season, which is defeated with a trade before, so he is on the market, just, like I said, not to be given away.

Who you are looking at Bern, I personally want no part of trading those 3 unless we're doing a full blown rebuild.

As for the OP I'd want Tanev coming back in any trade otherwise there isn't really much point in us moving Stepan/Kreider for lesser pieces as the holes opened would be too large.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

That's the case a lot with Kreider. He's one of those players where we really have no interest in realistic returns but he's not good enough to bring back something we really want. That happens with players with unique skill sets.

No Tanev for you man. I know it's what you want. :sarcasm:

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Who you are looking at Bern, I personally want no part of trading those 3 unless we're doing a full blown rebuild.

As for the OP I'd want Tanev coming back in any trade otherwise there isn't really much point in us moving Stepan/Kreider for lesser pieces as the holes opened would be too large.

based on the value of top 4 dmen(Tanev being at worst a #3 and more likely a #2) his value is higher than that of Kreider or Stepan at this point.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
based on the value of top 4 dmen)Tanev being at worst a #3 and more likely a #2) his value is higher than that of Kreider or Stepan at this point.

Well we have no real reason to move either for spare parts or younger players since evidently the front office think the window is still open. Our glaring need in my opinion is rhd and moving the Staal/Girardi contracts if you cant help us with that then there isnt really much for us in any of these trades.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

Stepan is only one year older than Kreider and alot better. We have alot of speed outside of Kreider aswell. Its not like Kreider is very physical either.... Your love affair with Kreider is just ridicolous... He is a fast decent top 6 with upside, nothing more, nothing less.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

Agree 100% and i think most NYR do aswell. Not many NYR fans agree with Bern.

And if we are rebuilding we should move Nash, Zucc, Hank, Brass, Stepan etc. Stepan is only one year older than Kreider aswell. Bern talks about Kreider beeing young etc but Stepan is alot better, center and only a year older.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Agree 100% and i think most NYR do aswell. Not many NYR fans agree with Bern.

And if we are rebuilding we should move Nash, Zucc, Hank, Brass, Stepan etc. Stepan is only one year older than Kreider aswell. Bern talks about Kreider beeing young etc but Stepan is alot better, center and only a year older.

Exactly why I would be looking at him. You guys also have Miller who can slot in beside Stepan as well.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
He's not wrong..... *sigh*

:cry:

Who cares, we have our own young version of Kreider in Virtanen. Some like me, who have not written him off at 19 years of age, think he has more upside and will be better than Kreider, who is 25 now, in his prime and has topped out at 21 goals.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Who cares, we have our own young version of Kreider in Virtanen. Some like me, who have not written him off at 19 years of age, think he has more upside and will be better than Kreider, who is 25 now, in his prime and has topped out at 21 goals.

Do you really think a guy tops out at 25yrs of age?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Yeah. Vancouver fans should be familiar with this sort of concept...It's why the Canucks went out and drafted their own Kreider-type in Virtanen in the first place.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If we were taking on Staals contract We would not be the ones adding Prospects to this deal, esp not Boeser or Virt.

Staal at $4.5 is not "taking on a contract." He's a great bargain at that price. Despite idiotic claims on this forum from people who don't watch the Rangers, Staal is a very good top-4 defenseman who's still in his 20s. Look at what similar defensemen go for as UFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad