GDT: step back, the coyotes @ the hcanes 11/1

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Getting the speedy guys back on the wings seemed like it put a lot more pressure on the opposing D, and cut down on long possessions.

Gerbe/Lindy/Tlusty//Dwyer were in their business all night long.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think Calgary was snow too, but I remember it being 11k+.

I'd say Gerbe being in the game had more of an impact than Semin being out.

edit: Dwyer too.

Gerbe was very good, and yes that made a huge difference. Eric/Tlusty actually finished at the bottom of the team in terms of possession, but since the second line was actually scoring and doing things, no one noticed.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Buffalo got shutout again. That's got to be a record.

They've scored 12 goals in their first 12 games.

EQV

Aug 2, 2011
Very glad we got the win but I really have to wonder how bad attendance is going to be this year.

Official attendance was 10,870. It was a Saturday night game on Halloween weekend. No other major local events. Duke, UNC, and NCSU football wrapped up their games hours before puck drop. Weather was fine. It's not college basketball season yet.

Even with all that we couldn't even hit 11,000.

I knew that attendance wouldn't be great this year but 10,870 tonight is beyond awful.

I can't see it being much better at any point barring a dramatic reversal in form from this team.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Getting the speedy guys back on the wings seemed like it put a lot more pressure on the opposing D, and cut down on long possessions.

Gerbe/Lindy/Tlusty//Dwyer were in their business all night long.

As a speedy forward myself, I approve of this message.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
"A shut out victory over the Arizona Coyotes" ya man.....:)

Are you actually a fan of this team, or merely a fan of 2 of its players, and since neither played tonight you feel the win must be downplayed in any way possible? Im just asking because you consistently bad-mouth the entire organization top to bottom, now to even include its announcers at every turn. Take away your obvious support for Semin and Dobby, on most days since last January when you feel he got dissed I'd mistake you for a Sabres fan.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Are you actually a fan of this team, or merely a fan of 2 of its players, and since neither played tonight you feel the win must be downplayed in any way possible? Im just asking because you consistently bad-mouth the entire organization top to bottom, now to even include its announcers at every turn. Take away your obvious support for Semin and Dobby, on most days since last January when you feel he got dissed I'd mistake you for a Sabres fan.

He only showed up when Semin joined the team, and he's never really given any indication he's a fan of the team as much as he is a fan of whatever team Semin's on. Not really my cup of tea, but I understand it.

He's been pretty upfront about his loyalties. Not sure why this surprises you now.

But I do agree that trying to downplay the win because Semin wasn't playing was getting old. Who cares who was playing or not? They finally won a game. Enjoy it.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
He only showed up when Semin joined the team, and he's never really given any indication he's a fan of the team as much as he is a fan of whatever team Semin's on. Not really my cup of tea, but I understand it.

He's been pretty upfront about his loyalties. Not sure why this surprises you now.

But I do agree that trying to downplay the win because Semin wasn't playing was getting old. Who cares who was playing or not? They finally won a game. Enjoy it.

I'm not really surprised, I just thought I'd ask for a straight answer from a guy who now by his tagline feels the need to take a pubic stab at the professional ethics and honesty of Chuck, John, and Tripp simply because his golden boy gets critiqued in a way he doesn't like when he's not performing and shouts out to the world he's a victim of persecution and "character assassination" by the Organization.

I doubt we'd have to tolerate that here for long from an avowed fan of another team. Not sure how that's so much different than hearing it from a source who's obviously not a fan of this team, but merely a supporter of one of it's players. Accusing someone, let alone a group of someones, with long untainted histories in the profession of ignoring or violating professional ethics means it's "Put up or shut up" time for the accuser and full disclosure of where he's coming from.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad