GDT: step back, the coyotes @ the hcanes 11/1

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good to see Lindholm find the net. That first goal was especially gratifying, because last season, if a guy had hit him like that in front of the net, he likely would have gone down and even if he didn't, I don't think he would have been strong enough to fight it off and get the puck. Good to see.

Skinner was dangerous all night and could have had 2-3 goals if not for good stops and/or not quite having the finish. Good to see that there seems to be no lingering effects of that last concussion. I also thought Boychuk looked good last night and had a number of scoring chances. He didn't pot one, but still, thought he played solid.

I know it's obvious and redundant, but it's pretty apparent that this team isn't talented enough or good enough to compete. They can match up, look good, and even beat some of the worst teams in the league, but won't compete consistently with the better teams (although they can still win some of those). Unless they win the lottery, I'm still convinced the team won't be in the hunt for McDavid/Eichel. Buffalo has all their players and is only 1 point better than Carolina (with 3 more played). Phoenix will struggle all year.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Was nice to be there for the win. The crowd was disappointing, but expected with the two teams. It will be interesting to see what it looks like today.

Skinner was great to watch. Nice to see Lindy perform. I agree Boychuk was good. I thought Cam was just okay even considering the shutout. I think he would have had a tougher time against a better team. Either way hopefully this will keep his confidence up.

On to the next win.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Went to the game and sat low, so tough to evaluate, but...

Crowd was sparse but good.
Skinner is still a beaut.
EStaal was invisible but very solid in his own end.
Semin was invisible.
Lindholm looked very solid.
Gerbe is fun to watch.
Ward looked ok.

I started watching the game again when I got home, took my drunk wife halfway through the 2nd period before realizing what we were watching and put an end to it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Went to the game and sat low, so tough to evaluate, but...

Crowd was sparse but good.
Skinner is still a beaut.
EStaal was invisible but very solid in his own end.
Semin was invisible.
Lindholm looked very solid.
Gerbe is fun to watch.
Ward looked ok.

I started watching the game again when I got home, took my drunk wife halfway through the 2nd period before realizing what we were watching and put an end to it.

You know, there's a reason for that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad