Claimed off Waivers: Stefan Noesen a Devil

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Wanted him from a flames POV. Still think he has the potebtial to be a good third liner

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I hope things work out for him. He still has potential but injuries really stalled his development. I think he needs more AHL time personally, but maybe he'll get a better shot to show what he can do in New Jersey.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Wish him the best. Sucks when it is injuries robbing a guy rather than effort or talent concerns. Good that he got claimed, obviously someone has seen something. As long as he keeps working he'll eventually get there. Injuries have delayed him but as long as he keeps getting playing time somewhere he'll eventually get back on track.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Does this mean the Sens are winning the Bobby Ryan trade again?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A quick look at his advanced stats makes me really like this move.

I don't think there was anywhere for him in our line up and seems kinda wasteful playing him on bottom line... I think he could be a great pick up for the devils... I like him a lot as a player sucks he had so much trouble with injuries

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This is his second move is it not? Drafted by Ottawa and moved to Anaheim first and now this waiver.

Yes, was a part of the Ryan deal. Silfverberg + Noesen + 1st (Ritchie)

Bummed about seeing him claimed, but I expected it. Too many teams can use depth, and a fairly recent 1st rounder is enticing for free.

As far as Noesen goes:

Injuries have killed his development. He disappointed recently though. Wasn't bad in his brief NHL time. He's not near as quick of a skater as I expected he'd be. Maybe that's the injury, or maybe he just was never as quick as I thought he was.

Anyway, good pickup for NJ. May be nothing more than an AHL 1st liner, but it's for free, and they've had success with similar players of ours the last few years, so I don't blame them at all.

I am bummed that he was claimed. Honestly I didn't expect us to keep him beyond this year, and I don't think he'll ever be more than a 4th liner at this level. However, it's a fairly significant loss for our farm team. I wish nothing but the best for Noesen. Guy has had to work through some very serious injuries.

Does this mean the Sens are winning the Bobby Ryan trade again?

Don't want to derail this thread so I'll just say this:

I consider that trade a win for us. Honestly I'd take Silfverberg over Ryan straight up now. Silfverberg has been phenomenal this year. Been great defensively from the beginning, but has a lot more offensive confidence this year, and it's been a saving grace with Perry sucking. Having Ritchie, who's a very good young player, is just icing on the cake.

That said, I'm not saying we won and Ottawa lost. It's a win for us in that Silfverberg + Ritchie is better than having Ryan. If Ottawa is happy with Ryan over those two, then that's great. Absolutely nothing wrong with win-win trades.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Quick, tell me how I should feel about this so I can pretend I'm knowledgeable and argue with other fans.

Think youngerNieto from the Sharks. Maybe not as good but he was a fairly serviceable bottom 6 player. Just run out of room sometimes on rosters. Not a big point getter.

Bummer for Ducks, good for NJD. Not make or break for either.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
If Ottawa is happy with Ryan over those two, then that's great.

You're not going to get a lot of pushback from Ottawa fans about Silfverberg+Ritchie being better than Ryan. Ryan started off really well for Ottawa, but he's been fading ever since.

I understand why the Sens made the trade, and the sense it made at the time, but it hasn't turned out as well as expected from the Sens' pov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad