Waived: Stefan Elliott

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
When Elliott had his early run a couple of years ago, I remember he had a lot of confidence to rush the puck, he always wanted the puck on his stick and wanted to shoot. Somewhere along the way the confidence and joie de vivre was lost from his game and that's the thing that makes me believe that its over for him here. He's obviously immensely talented but I don't think its ever going to happen for him in this organization, if it ever does anywhere.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
By my count he played 3 games, with absolutely zero minutes-played information made available from those games.

It's pretty tough to say he was given a "real chance".

Guys like Wilson, Redmond and Guenin were given legitimate minutes in the games I had a chance to see.

The only game that didn't have a boxscore was Quebec City.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When Elliott had his early run a couple of years ago, I remember he had a lot of confidence to rush the puck, he always wanted the puck on his stick and wanted to shoot. Somewhere along the way the confidence and joie de vivre was lost from his game and that's the thing that makes me believe that its over for him here. He's obviously immensely talented but I don't think its ever going to happen for him in this organization, if it ever does anywhere.

Yup, it's why I went from one of his bigger critics, or rather one of Barrie's bigger defenders when this board was so set on making it an Elliott versus Barrie thing, to defending Stef now. That confidence was shattered before we even sent him back down after those first few guys. Which is why I assume Sacco told him to stop pinching and focus on becoming a stay at home dman, which confused and neutered the kid and had him get pushed around for a few weeks before Joe was sure that his confidence was completely destroyed and he was ready to be sent back down.

That said I don't know if he's done. If he's outperforming noreau in Lake Erie and Barrie has to miss a month I could see Stef getting the call and eventually just saying **** it, the worst that can happen is they wave me again, and playing loose like he did those first few games.

Either that or he does nothing this year, sucks in camp next year, and doesn't get another contract.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

He's not the same player as he once was and to me it has to be the confidence is lacking. He was such an aggressive player in junior, rushing the puck, joining the rush. He did that at the NHL level and succeeded in that role for a while. Watching him now, it's just not the same.

A gambler like him has to gamble and push the pace or else he becomes fairly useless.

The only game that didn't have a boxscore was Quebec City.

Would gladly look at them if you can find them. I couldn't.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Elliott looked really good when he debuted, but he have to play with an edge or with some swagger if you're going to be successful, especially in the playoffs.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

So, he played two of those games.

One with 21 minutes and lots of PP time.

The other with 13:30 (least of any D by 4 minutes) and no PP time.

Hard to really say if he was truly given a great chance at playing his way onto the team.

member 116861

With Guenin starting in the top 6 (somehow) and Wilson getting a thousand opportunities, I don't think Elliott ever had a chance of making the team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hard to really say if he was truly given a great chance at playing his way onto the team.

IMO you have to earn chances and they are not given out. If Elliott didn't get a chance, it is because he hasn't earned it. I'm rooting for the kid, but he needs to have a monster year in Lake Erie (pun intended).

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He was not good in the two days of camp, and it should have been a sign when he didn't even make it into the Burgandy and White scrimmage. He just plays too timid, both offensively and defensively, and until he figures something out there (if he ever does), he won't amount to anything.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He played in Quebec City too, obviously the missing boxscore. 3 games is pretty much at most anyone was given. Siemens, Noreau, Gervais didn't get 3 games. The Wilson situation is inexplicable, I'm not touching that one.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
He played in Quebec City too, obviously the missing boxscore. 3 games is pretty much at most anyone was given. Siemens, Noreau, Gervais didn't get 3 games. The Wilson situation is inexplicable, I'm not touching that one.

I think they were trying the same thing with Wilson as they were with Berra: Give him a bunch of games to raise confidence and level of play. 1 for 2 isn't bad. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad