Recalled/Assigned: Stefan Elliott recalled

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dater tweeted that he's back up.

I really hope they just let him play for the rest of the season. Don't bench him, scratch him, or limit his minutes if/when he makes mistakes. This season is done and there are only 11 games left. EJ, Barrie, and Elliott should be playing a lot to end the season.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
the tank is on, the tank is on the way, the tank is on, the tank is OOOOONNNNNNN the way.

paraphrasing a B.B. King song for those who don't know.

let the kids play. Barrie and Elliot need to get a lot of ice time to help develop them for the future.
not concerned with the vets, they've had their shot and **** the bed numerous times.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
the tank is on, the tank is on the way, the tank is on, the tank is OOOOONNNNNNN the way.

paraphrasing a B.B. King song for those who don't know.

let the kids play. Barrie and Elliot need to get a lot of ice time to help develop them for the future.
not concerned with the vets, they've had their shot and **** the bed numerous times.

Yeah, I agree. Let Zanon or SOB eat nachos.

member 116861

tumblr_mcbub61xMF1rsw1yf.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
i'm sorry, but Hunwick playing about the 3rd pairing sickens me.
Zanon and SOB playing at all sickens me more but that's neither here nor there at the moment.

I don't disagree on HunnyBunny or Zanon, but SOB's been good when he's played. Really limited his full-Pejorative Slur moments and without them he's actually a good third pairing guy who's big and tough, loved in the lockerroom, can skate and handle the puck.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Would've liked to see Pock up here instead of Elliott, but I'm okay with this.
Still would've liked to see what Pock could offer in the big league.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Would've liked to see Pock up here instead of Elliott, but I'm okay with this.
Still would've liked to see what Pock could offer in the big league.

Pock has BEEN in the NHL before, played with the Rangers. There is a reason why he was playing in Europe, and has been playing in Europe since the 2009-10 season.

Not saying that he's bad, I'd think that we need to stop acting like he's some prospect, he's not, he is 31

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I don't disagree on HunnyBunny or Zanon, but SOB's been good when he's played. Really limited his full-Pejorative Slur moments and without them he's actually a good third pairing guy who's big and tough, loved in the lockerroom, can skate and handle the puck.

he's been ok no doubt, but he's been ok on one of the worst defenses in the NHL(it's the worst but i can't bring myself to say it) we have too many vet guys who play like clueless rookies and still get PT, whereas when the rookies mess up they get yanked,benched and sent down.
i can live with young players making young mistakes, i can't stand people with experience playing like they have none though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Good move, I was hoping they would call someone up at least.

Now lets give the kids a bunch of ice time. Were not playing for anything other then pride. Sacco should just let Barrie and Elliott lose. Play as aggressively and offensively as they want to. Let them figure out for themselves when to be aggressive and when not to. Barrie has improved a lot in this department this year. Time for Elliott to do the same.

Should be a good balance of offense and defense down the stretch for us. As long as we keep losing all will be good.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Pock has BEEN in the NHL before, played with the Rangers. There is a reason why he was playing in Europe, and has been playing in Europe since the 2009-10 season.

Not saying that he's bad, I'd think that we need to stop acting like he's some prospect,
he's not, he is 31
I know that.
I also know he isn't a prospect.
But what do we have to lose to check out if he's a capable defenceman in the NHL or not?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I know that.
I also know he isn't a prospect.
But what do we have to lose to check out if he's a capable defenceman in the NHL or not?

I don't think that he's a capable NHL defensemen anymore, and neither did any of the other 29 teams in the NHL for the last several years.

But hey, that's just my opinion. If the Avs were to bring him up and he proved me wrong, I'd happily eat that crow.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I don't think that he's a capable NHL defensemen anymore, and neither did any of the other 29 teams in the NHL for the last several years.

But hey, that's just my opinion. If the Avs were to bring him up and he proved me wrong, I'd happily eat that crow.

I expected you to answer quickly ;)

Yes, I doubt his abilities as well, but I mean the season has already been a failure, so why not try something out that might be beneficial for the future (despite it probably isn't).

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Elliott has five points in the last six games. Nothing wrong with rewarding him with some NHL games at this point.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jeez, are they gonna do what they did last season? Call these young D up and just let them practice with the team and sit in the stands? He's just getting comfortable putting up points in the AHL. Just let him stay comfortable and build on that confidence in his overall game. Let it snowball rather than put pressure on him, and just see what he can do in camp next year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like giving Elliott the last 10 games in the NHL and then having him start next year eating 25+ minutes a night for Lake Erie with his buddy Duncan Siemens.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad