Steen stays, who is most likely to be claimed?

Who is claimed should they keep Steen in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Nobody will be waived

I would say DS makes a trade(s).... when that time comes

Steen doesnt have to go through waivers at the moment

Both Foligno and Nosek signings didnt make sense imo. Especially Nosek. Bruins have a crowded house at Providence with very little opportunity for movement, unless due to injury/covid protocol

We've been saying this for last 5 -7 years. Never happens. Time to waive already!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Frederic would be claimed by a good chunk of the NHL.

KK - does nothing for me and on most teams isn't a thought for even a 13th forward role

Blidh - seems like he's always getting hurt, but is a solid 4LW/13th FWD.

Seeing as Steen would be your RW and that's what KK plays, he can we waived.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
@Blowfish has a hard-on for giving away Frederic so he wants to see if he's on an island. Most people here know that Frederic gets claimed over anyone due to his age, size, play style and position.

If Frederic clicks, he's a Top 9 center with a good shot and physicality. Not sure he'll ever really be an enforcing type presence but he has shown in Providence that he'll stand up for teammates and play a physical game. I don't understand why it's so inconsistent up here but that's a discussion for another thread.

This question is easy. You waive the 100 MPH (to nowhere) man, Karson Kuhlman. He'd be a good get for Providence if he clears and you're not losing much if he doesn’t.
He's pretty much on an island. I doubt even Sweeney is stupid enough to waive an NHL player when he can send Steen back to Providence with no waivers. Otherwise I waive Kuhlman first, Blidh second and I think both would go unclaimed.

I know the chances are small but if they deal for grit I can't wait for Blowfish to lose his mind as he will have more turtles to hate. Be like if Sweeney dealt DeBrusk for Yamamoto with me.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
He's pretty much on an island. I doubt even Sweeney is stupid enough to waive an NHL player when he can send Steen back to Providence with no waivers. Otherwise I waive Kuhlman first, Blidh second and I think both would go unclaimed.

I know the chances are small but if they deal for grit I can't wait for Blowfish to lose his mind as he will have more turtles to hate. Be like if Sweeney dealt DeBrusk for Yamamoto with me.

Regarding your first part, this is exactly the issue our young players have with the organization though. Kuhlman and Blidh are definitely NHL caliber players but Steen is just better and anyone with two eyes can see that. However, since Steen has options and management is obsessed with hoarding 4th liners, they are left to rot, consistently being flipped up and down depending on injuries. Never getting a full chance with the club and an extended look on a given line.

Steen is better than Kuhlman so KK should be waived. End of story IMO.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Frederic is the obvious choice.

Brendan Lemieux was traded for a 4th rounder at his age 25 season. Both late 1st rounders. Frederic is two years younger and producers similarly. Frederic can also play both left wing and center.

He would be claimed in a second and would be awful asset mismanagement.

Unfortunately I think a 4th would be best case scenario for a return for frederic. Brett Howden who has had a much better career to this point and was selected a few spots before frederic was traded for a 4th.

Reactions: Bytorbruin

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Unfortunately I think a 4th would be best case scenario for a return for frederic. Brett Howden who has had a much better career to this point and was selected a few spots before frederic was traded for a 4th.

I would tend to agree. Definitely not waiver fodder

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Given the state of the league and Covid I could see them all get claimed, low cap hits and a team can always just waive them again if needed.

But Frederic would be claimed first, I don’t think it’s even a question considering age, draft position, price, upside, and unknown.

Reactions: duffy

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Kuhlman isn’t Vatrano he won’t bring back a 3rd, I’d have a hard time seeing him bring back anything personally.
I agree. I was just saying any draft pick would be nice at this point.

That said if he waives Kuhlman, 25% chance he's taken, with a 50% chance he's back on waivers whenever said team is healthy again.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Kuhlman isn’t Vatrano he won’t bring back a 3rd, I’d have a hard time seeing him bring back anything personally.

Everybody is worth something but your right he is not fetching a 3rd.That said,Steen has proved who the better player is here very quickly far as putting some pts on the stat sheet which should matter to a team looking for goals .Bruins do some weird stuff at times though so who knows

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Everybody is worth something but your right he is not fetching a 3rd.That said,Steen has proved who the better player is here very quickly far as putting some pts on the stat sheet which should matter to a team looking for goals .Bruins do some weird stuff at times though so who knows
Sometimes all a player is worth is a team’s roster spot.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Maybe not a third. But a later pick

If waived, some team would scoop him up imo

excellent wheels/forechecker. Good on pk

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Maybe not a third. But a later pick

If waived, some team would scoop him up imo

excellent wheels/forechecker. Good on pk
Yeah maybe, but those aren’t very hard to find. If he’s holding a spot from better players he needs to be waived.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Looking like a landslide. We’ll go 48 hours to give all a chance but results and comments pretty evident.

We already have other threads for where these discussions within are heading.

Bottom line is that this came from another thread. Question asked. Now just about answered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad