Steen-Bozak-Soshnikov 3rd line in St. Louis

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I just realized there is an entire line in St. Louis that theoretically could all be on the Leafs right now in what could be our 3rd line. I think it could have been a nice line for us.

Thrown in Gunnarsson on the #1 pairing, the Blues are like Leafs West in a way.

I don't know if this is thread worthy but I just found that curious.

Discuss.

Reactions: Lauro

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Steen and even Gunnarsson have been there for quite some time. Much more of a veteran and expensive line compared to what the Leafs would run in that spot. Thought the Blues would be a playoff team.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It feels good to no longer care about the players we once traded away: rask, steen, seguin... etc. it used to frustrate me so much. in hindsight, even if we did not trade those players I don’t think we would have come near winning a cup.

I think this group will be worth the pain of getting here..

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The returns we've received from all the trades involving STL and those players are pretty weak with only a 4th round pick still around to show for it. Although, I guess we received some picks from trading Polak to SJS which I originally forgot about.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
I just realized there is an entire line in St. Louis that theoretically could all be on the Leafs right now in what could be our 3rd line. I think it could have been a nice line for us.

Thrown in Gunnarsson on the #1 pairing, the Blues are like Leafs West in a way.

I don't know if this is thread worthy but I just found that curious.

Discuss.

Of course! The only thing between us and a Stanley cup is a marginal 3rd line of Steen, Bozak, Sosh.
Personally I would take our third line any time: Some LW, Kadri, Some RW

Reactions: Its not your fault

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Say whatever you want about Bozak. He was one of the only players I always liked during those terrible Burke/Nonis years. He was a good dependable pivot, and he loved playing here.

If we hadn't landed Tavares, I would have loved to bring him back.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I kind of get a chuckle that there was always this Bozak v.s. Kadri discussion and right now they're 2.36 and 2.32 points per minute.
Both have been on the ice for 19 of their team's goals for. Kadri has been on for 15 against while Bozak has been on for 17.
Although Bozak is spending 1:36/game of that penalty-killing as well. They both have 8 Takeaways, although Bozak has only 3 Giveaways
while Kadri has 13. Kadri has done well this season closing the gap on face-offs. Right now according to many Leaf fans,
Kadri at $4.5 million is the best deal ever, while UFA Bozak at $5 million is a horrible value. :oops:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Say whatever you want about Bozak. He was one of the only players I always liked during those terrible Burke/Nonis years. He was a good dependable pivot, and he loved playing here.

If we hadn't landed Tavares, I would have loved to bring him back.

I think he’s too old for where we want to go.

That said, 10 points in 15 games reminds me of a player we have on the roster.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I kind of get a chuckle that there was always this Bozak v.s. Kadri discussion and right now they're 2.36 and 2.32 points per minute.
Both have been on the ice for 19 of their team's goals for. Kadri has been on for 15 against while Bozak has been on for 17.
Although Bozak is spending 1:36/game of that penalty-killing as well. They both have 8 Takeaways, although Bozak has only 3 Giveaways
while Kadri has 13. Kadri has done well this season closing the gap on face-offs. Right now according to many Leaf fans,
Kadri at $4.5 million is the best deal ever, while UFA Bozak at $5 million is a horrible value. :oops:

Are you only going to blab about the some metrics or are you going to use all the metrics?
Kadri: CF% 51
Blowzak: 48%

lets talk after the 82 games are done.

Meanwhile just compare the career stats okay smart guy.....

Kadri: 505 Games 324 points 0.64 ppg (most of the career spend with komarov, santorelli, winnik and PP2)
after babcock came in took on hard assignments and still put up numbers

Blowzak: 609 games 375 points 0.61 ppg (most of the career spent with Kessel elite talent and PP1)
after babcock came in was sheltered like a child and still sucked ass

GTFO with Kadri hate

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
We're all glad they arent here, but i'm sure most posters are happy for them and wish them success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad