Pre-Game Talk: Steel Drums

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s a shame Campbell doesn’t make literally millions a year in order to hire the best mental health experts and/or sports psychologists so as to help him in this department. Maybe $10M a year would allow him to get the assistance he needs?

Too bad he isn't going to be able to get the assistance he needs before 8:30pm tonight.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
8:30 (so 8:45) start time is wild. And uncalled for 💀

But I agree, I hope the team isn't looking past this game. I would like to see a bit more dominance than the last one, thanks.
No shit, and there's just one other game on the schedule. Are they expecting that many to watch the MacKinnon/Landeskog/Makar vs Old Balls Sid/Geno/Letang show without interruption?

It's the only logical explanation why an NHL game is starting at nearly 9 pm in Alberta with just one other game scheduled, which so happens to be in the MST zone as well at 6 p.m.

Reactions: NedPlimpton

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
8:30 start time, on a Wednesday night at home, is a f***ing joke! Let's be honest, the puck drop will probably be 8:45. There's only 1 other game tonight, at 6:00 and sure it's a marquee matchup, but you can't tell me you couldn't have that game start at 5:00 or at least the Oiler game start at 7:30. Hey NHL, most people have 2 devices and can watch these games simultaneously, if they wanted to watch both!

Wait I just thought of something.....Yotes were in Winnipeg last night and probably still on the bus and thus the late start time.

I think we'd be lucky if they start singing the anthems by 8:45.

Reactions: Duke74 and Sanchez

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
No shit, and there's just one other game on the schedule. Are they expecting that many to watch the MacKinnon/Landeskog/Makar vs Old Balls Sid/Geno/Letang show without interruption?

It's the only logical explanation why an NHL game is starting at nearly 9 pm in Alberta with just one other game scheduled, which so happens to be in the MST zone as well at 6 p.m.
NHL's gotta have two games to air on TNT on Wednesdays.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
It’s a shame Campbell doesn’t make literally millions a year in order to hire the best mental health experts and/or sports psychologists so as to help him in this department. Maybe $10M a year would allow him to get the assistance he needs?
As someone who suffers from a lot of what Campbell does, it's not that simple. It's much harder. Paying for a really good phycologist is one thing. Developing the diligence and practices that they ask of you to become whole once again is another.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Call me crazy but I'd start Campbell again. Give more rest to Skinner.

Play Skinner Saturday.
stop-it-get-some-help.gif

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I agree, play Campbell and Skinner will have had a week rest.
There's a difference between rest and rust. And a week off is starting to approach the latter.

I love the late starts. Gives time to get home from work, get dinner done and a few tasks taken care of then settle in to watch the game.
So do I, but not too late, and 8:30 is starting to push it for an old fart like me.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

NHL originally thought the Leafs were playing so they scheduled us late.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Such nonsense for a home game.

Those attending could be home as late as 1:30am or later if the game went the distance to a shootout.
Honestly whatever I can deal with the decision as stupid as it might be.

But in what universe does the NHL think it's smart to have Arizona playing in that time slot? I mean sure against Toronto maybe you can get hype about Matthews going to Arizona, but there is literally no one that would think Arizona would have been good this year. So why in the hell are they in this nationally televised game at such a horrible time slot?

Not a lot of people in the East Coast are going to be watching this one that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad