Pre-Game Talk: Steel Drums

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Campbell's remaining starts IMO

@ Arizona (first half of a back to back)
vs Anaheim (second half of a different back to back)
@ Anaheim (part of a run of 8 games in 5 days)
One of @ Colorado or vs San Jose

Don't pull him in any of them, no matter how much he stinks.

Yeesh, I thought the schedule was bad enough, didn't realize they were having them play multiple games in a day now :sarcasm::D

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
#startcampbell

giphy.gif

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Going to the game tomorrow.
Although my seats are in the upper row, are fans allowed to watch the warmup in the lower bowls? Hoping to get a better view of Ekholm and Bjugstad (maybe a puck too lol)
You can as long as you don’t go to the club section. Just head down one of the sections on the sides (122-134) and you should be good.

Reactions: McAsuno

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I have to be up at 4:00 am tomorrow morning. Naturally, I hate these extra last start times. Hate to be a party pooper but I'll probably just skip it all together. I missed the best parts of the Sharks game too lol.

Also call up Pickard and see what he can do. This soup has Swiss cheese in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I wish we could send Campbell down to the AHL for a couple weeks to play a lot of games and hopefully build up some confidence. He needs to play a lot to try to find his game again, but can’t risk that with the Oil right now.

Reactions: Porkleaker

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Call me crazy but I'd start Campbell again. Give more rest to Skinner.

Play Skinner Saturday.
No thanks.

Campbell can play the Yotes on the 27th, and the Ducks on April 5th. That’s it. Skinner should play every other game for the rest of the year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
No thanks.

Campbell can play the Yotes on the 27th, and the Ducks on April 5th. That’s it. Skinner should play every other game for the rest of the year.
There's also the chance that the last couple games will have no standings impact. If that happens, I could see Campbell going in

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I would have 100% called up Pickard for this one- as much to rest Skinner as to give Campbell another kick in the ass. This was the perfect no-risk situation to try it in.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
He doesn’t need a kick in the ass, he needs confidence. That would do the exact opposite.

It’s a shame Campbell doesn’t make literally millions a year in order to hire the best mental health experts and/or sports psychologists so as to help him in this department. Maybe $10M a year would allow him to get the assistance he needs?

• Haha

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
It’s a shame Campbell doesn’t make literally millions a year in order to hire the best mental health experts and/or sports psychologists so as to help him in this department. Maybe $10M a year would allow him to get the assistance he needs?
Or a team would provide that for him. Maybe he is working with them, who knows. All I know is that a ‘kick in the ass’ would have the opposite of the desired effect.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The 8:30 start time is because it's the late game on TNT. Only 2 games today, this one and PIT at COL is the early game.

The Coyotes are crap on the road. Their last win on the road was 13 February against Nashville and the one before that was on November 23rd against Carolina.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
8:30 start time, on a Wednesday night at home, is a f***ing joke! Let's be honest, the puck drop will probably be 8:45. There's only 1 other game tonight, at 6:00 and sure it's a marquee matchup, but you can't tell me you couldn't have that game start at 5:00 or at least the Oiler game start at 7:30. Hey NHL, most people have 2 devices and can watch these games simultaneously, if they wanted to watch both!

Wait I just thought of something.....Yotes were in Winnipeg last night and probably still on the bus and thus the late start time.

Reactions: Ibanez

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
8:30 start? That's crazy.

You know whats also crazy. There were like 15 games yesterday and theres 2 today. I dont think NHL has a clue how to schedule games. I dont think they understand what market they are in. I really doubt that that North America is tuning into watch a Oilers and Coyotes game at 8:30pm MST (10:30 EST). They think they are the NFL on a Thursday Night or something. (and guess what they start a game at 8:15 EST).

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Unless there’s a back to back Campbell has to sit.
agree... why is it even a discussion if & when to start Campbell. At this point : you don't

As a professional he needs to stay ready and play the games he gets (currently should only be back-to-backs or replacement due to injury). This player needs to play his way into more starts, not be gifted them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad