Pre-Game Talk: Steel Drums

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Honestly whatever I can deal with the decision as stupid as it might be.

But in what universe does the NHL think it's smart to have Arizona playing in that time slot? I mean sure against Toronto maybe you can get hype about Matthews going to Arizona, but there is literally no one that would think Arizona would have been good this year. So why in the hell are they in this nationally televised game at such a horrible time slot?

Not a lot of people in the East Coast are going to be watching this one that's for sure.
Puck drop in Halifax 11:52. 12:22AM in Newfoundland. The game is literally tomorrow for people in the Atlantic Time Zone.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
TNT double header night, but I doubt they would care much about pre-empting a rerun of Foodies.

There are only two games in the NHL tonight, it's not like they couldn't bump up Col/Pit's start time by an hour either. Seems more like this is just pandering to the Colorado market and telling the western conference canadians to go F themselves.

Reactions: Sanchez

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
The 8:30 start time is because it's the late game on TNT. Only 2 games today, this one and PIT at COL is the early game.

The Coyotes are crap on the road. Their last win on the road was 13 February against Nashville and the one before that was on November 23rd against Carolina.
They're still a professional hockey team with pride and can kick our ass if the oilers take them lightly like some fans here are. They will play a good game tonight. Oilers better be ready

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Who cares about meaningless crap like passing and impacting the game? I wanna know who has the

I love the late starts. Gives time to get home from work, get dinner done and a few tasks taken care of then settle in to watch the game.
You're in the minority. The late starts are stupid for people that have to get up very early. In fact they should do away with all the stupid pregame ceremonies and when time says 730 they should drop the stupid puck at 730. And do your anthem and pregame bullshit that most don't care about 15 min before 730

Reactions: Duke74

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Puck drop in Halifax 11:52. 12:22AM in Newfoundland. The game is literally tomorrow for people in the Atlantic Time Zone.
Was in Portugal for three weeks. By Portugal time we played 4 games in 5 days, I think it was.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
You're in the minority. The late starts are stupid for people that have to get up very early. In fact they should do away with all the stupid pregame ceremonies and when time says 730 they should drop the stupid puck at 730. And do your anthem and pregame bullshit that most don't care about 15 min before 730
I know I'm in the minority. I'm up at between 5:00 and 5:30 but even last nights game was done at 11:15. Even if you went to the game, you'd be home by midnight so still get 5-5.5 hours sleep.

They should just ditch the anthems and all the pregame stuff too. Nobody likes it and I'm sure the players hate it. English football has the players line up, shake hands and it's all done in less than 5 minutes from the time they enter the pitch to kick off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad