Confirmed with Link: Steckel to Anaheim for Ryan Lasch + 7th round pick in 2014

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
McLaren #203 07 draft Colin Greening home grown #204 05 draft, Joe Vitali 195 home grown penguins pick 05 draft. They actually always happen but take longer to develope. There are a couple every draft. With scouting like you say it is makes it all the better chances of getting a solid pick there.

Pekka Rinne 258 04 draft not to shabby either. Thats a 8th rounder!

I would also add that most (if not all) teams are actively investing monies and signing undrafted free agents from colleges and juniors every year. Not all will work out, but some always do...and a few of those will star. In theory, every one of these signings could have been secured for a 7th rd pick in their draft years, but for many reasons including "inadequate" scouting, they were overlooked. The point is that the players are out there. So having those low round picks gives you more chips in the game...much like a lottery ticket;)

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Ok sure, you go ahead and buy his jersey then.

Surely the odds are against most players making it to the show. Nevertheless, it's still a huge accomplishment for anyone to make it as far as the AHL, the best development league around. You only have to look at the story of Chris Kunitz, also undrafted and a Hobey Baker finalist and also unwanted by Anaheim at one point to recognize that its not that far-fetched to think it just might happen again;)

leafspring*

The guy is just a contract they had to take back. I doubt he's helping the Marlies when his career totals in the AHL are 5 points in 19 games. The Ducks literally just said "yeah but take our worst contracted player back to make this deal work."

Nonis had to make a roster spot and traded a $1,100,000 AHL salary for a 7th and a $200,000 AHL contract.The Ducks 7th string goalie Deslauriers AHL contract is $625,000 this year and i think he is in the ECHL. Still want to claim Lasch's contract is Anaheims worst?

Maybe i will buy the jersey because your stretching the context big time.

Fearless Leaf*

I am positive there is a 50/50 percent chance that the player we draft with the 7th round pick will be a future all-star in the distant future.:D

Glad to have Stecks off this team, he was completely useless here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad