Confirmed with Link: Steckel to Anaheim for Ryan Lasch + 7th round pick in 2014

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050

Leafs receive Ryan Lasch and Anaheim’s seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Leafs trade Steckel to Ducks for Ryan Lasch and a seventh-rounder in 2014. Lasch is playing in Sweden but will join the Marlies.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Any idea of Lasch will be staying in Europe or joining the Marlies at some point?

Nevermind: Saw OP add more information

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The spot needed for Lupul. Now the logjam is a bit more clear.

No idea who Lasch is, but seems to be a small player with decent offensive skill.

I'm not sure why he needed to be included in the deal if the Leafs didn't think he could turn into something. He is 26 years old though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ryan Lasche is rated as a 6.0 C by Hockey Future's

From His profile

St. Cloud State head coach Bob Motzko's comments on Lasch: "He really works hard and battles just as hard in the classroom now as he does on the ice. There's no question that he is the go-to guy on our team, but Ryan is also an unbelievable playmaker. He's got an unbelievable knack for putting the puck on his teammates' tape. A lot of nights it's very subtle but he's great at it."

mikebel111*

good trade
steckel was good, but he mclement is soo much better
good luck with ducks steckel

a 7th and a useful player for marlies. good trade
lupul is in it seems

TML g u n n e R s*

needed to make space for lupul, and randy likes to keep more dman, makes sense i guess.

Just glad lupul is back i feel he is the key in kicking all the lines together. Really makes a difference.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
C depth is important so I don't really like the move.

Unless they intend on calling up Gardiner, it's more AHL defense...

The Leafs have too many Centermen on this team as it is. Bozak, Grabo, Kadri, McClement, Komarov all can play Center. We also have Colborne as first callup.

Leafs could easily afford to lose Steckel and it was an obvious move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad