Confirmed with Link: Stecher to LA for a 7th

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
To me, this gently signals there isn’t much interest in Leddy/staal.

We still need 6 or 7 dmen to finish the season. If yzerman is comfortable moving Stecher for a 7th it would suggest he isn’t expecting to move more than 1 other dmen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

We still need 6 or 7 dmen to finish the season. If yzerman is comfortable moving Stecher for a 7th it would suggest he isn’t expecting to move more than 1 other dmen.
People thoughts teams wanted Marc Staal?

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
People thoughts teams wanted Marc Staal?
If I’m looking to Detroit for a rental I’m taking staal over everyone else but that’s more of an indictment on everyone else. Hence the point that this move suggests not much else will happen.

Leddy has more upside but has been so damn inconsistent. One good game then he’s out there for 4 against the next game. Staal is what he is. Older slower net clearing dman that will surprise you every once in a while. I think he’d be a solid 6 for a contender.

That said, teams probably shouldn’t be looking at Detroit in the first place.

Last edited:

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021

Boy, I hope not. Leddy, Staal, and even Hronek should get some attention. We have a ton of Dmen at GR ready to fill their spots and when the Swedish leagues starts ending we should have some coming over to fill in at GR, I believe.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I see Ecklund as Leddy also going to LA however I cannot see it happening.

I will never understand why people take anything Eklund to say with any legitimacy at all. Like, he's not a freaking source. He has his own tag on here because he's so inaccurate but people continue to quote him for god knows what reason.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Kind of what I expected. Though "early" imo. I don't/didn't expect deals like this to get done till the near end of the deadline. I just don't think many of the Red Wings guys are teams "main" targets and will be players/deals they settle for vs really want. Happy to get something for him vs nothing like most have been posting.

Last edited:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I will never understand why people take anything Eklund to say with any legitimacy at all. Like, he's not a freaking source. He has his own tag on here because he's so inaccurate but people continue to quote him for god knows what reason.
You’d think 15+ years into his act, people would realize this.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Shake the team up it’s not working. One of Larkin Bertuzzi and Hronek better get moved for legit gamebreakers

Larkin getting traded would be idiotic. BRUTAL! He is absolutely a game changer with actual talent to play with. The team sucks, Larkin does not!

Reactions: kliq

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Careful, I have been warned more than once for insulting the great Eklund!

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Larkin getting traded would be idiotic. BRUTAL! He is absolutely a game changer with actual talent to play with. The team sucks, Larkin does not!
Agreed, trading Larkin would set this team back big time. We already are struggling to find a 2C, the last thing we need is to have a team missing both a 1C and a 2C. Wingers can be replaced a lot easier then top centers.

Reactions: Oddbob

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
It’s not just that. People vastly overrate the ability to replace guys like this once you lose them. They aren’t always available where you’re picking in the draft. They aren’t always available on the trade market and even if they are, you have no control over the trading team liking another teams offer more than yours, even if it could be perceived as lesser value. They’re almost never available in FA. It’s just too big a risk. Any hypothetical Larkin trade should be viewed through the lens of trading away 5-7 years of 1C presence.

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad