Confirmed with Link: Stecher to LA for a 7th

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
A bit surprised just because it feels like LA has a never ending supply of young promising defensemen coming through their system. Maybe they are moving a prospect out for a bigger player and shoring up ahead of time?

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
While I believe in the thought that an asset is better than no asset, this feels underwhelming. But a 7th is better than nothing I guess?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
A bit surprised just because it feels like LA has a never ending supply of young promising defensemen coming through their system. Maybe they are moving a prospect out for a bigger player and shoring up ahead of time?
It sounds like they've got a lot of injuries on the blueline.

Honestly I wasn't expecting anything for Stecher, so...

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I'm surprised he couldn't get a 5th or so.

A 7th isn't much different than "future considerations".

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'm surprised he couldn't get a 5th or so.

A 7th isn't much different than "future considerations".
Agreed. It's one step away from a bag of pucks.

It's almost more like doing him a solid than making a trade. He gets to play on a team that looks playoff bound.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This screams like a trade done because Stecher does not want to resign in the summer and we rather have a 7th round pick then let him walk for nothing.
OR
Offload a contract to trade for a capdump?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
IMO, Stecher is one of those guys that people tend to overrate cause they’re easy to root for. Stech has a great motor but he isnt good at anything. He’s just too weak to be consistently effective. A 7th for him is fine.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad