Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Murderous Pursuits is free as long as you just activate it to your Steam account:

It's free until Monday.

Edit - For some reason the Steam link is showing an error. Just search for Murderous Pursuits on Steam and you can activate it.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
There are some really good deals this weekend. Bayonetta for 6.79, Valkyria Chronicles for 6.79, Vanquish for 6.79, Yakuza 0 for 13.39. I want to buy some of these but my backlog is already HUGE. I just do not have the time to play all these games.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's an ASUS ZenBook. I don't know the model number. I'll have to ask my brother since he ordered it off of Amazon for me (he has Prime, and I don't).

I have the newest model ZenBook and my couple attempts to see how well it can handle certain games have not really gone well. They're not gaming laptops, they're laptops you can technically play games on.

Cities: Skylines was one of the games I tested and it ran fine enough...but I have no clue how it would handle a large city. You should be able to play most games that don't require a beefy graphics card, you'll just be stuck using low to medium settings, and the lack of fans means it can get fairly hot fairly quickly.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Cities Skylines is good but theres SOOO much DLC. I got it from... elsewhere.

MGS5 is fantastic though. shame the story goes off a f***ing cliff halfway through haha

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Must. Resist. Everything. On. Wishlist.

But I have $70 Steam credit burning a hole in my virtual wallet, and darn it if I don't want Frostpunk.

Has anyone tried out Pathfinder: Kingmaker? It looks really interesting, but I've heard the bugs are (still) astronomical.

Side note, but West of Loathing is on for $9 CAD. That's a hilarious little game if you're looking to kill a few hours for under $10.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm going to get dark messiah of might and magic with my profits from selling steam cards. Otherwise like mouser said I'll wait until the winter sale.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Counter Strike Global Offensive is fully free to play now
...and there's now a battle royale mode rofl. So glad I'm done with this shit game and company. If you thought it was a hack-fest before, you're in for a very unpleasant surprise!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
...and there's now a battle royale mode rofl. So glad I'm done with this **** game and company. If you thought it was a hack-fest before, you're in for a very unpleasant surprise!
Nah, nothing wrong with a good game going free to play and selling skins, and there definitely isn't anything wrong with Battle Royale.

If a game is good it's good.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Nah, nothing wrong with a good game going free to play and selling skins, and there definitely isn't anything wrong with Battle Royale.

If a game is good it's good.
CSGO is not good and this is just valve trying to keep the cash cow going on a game with a dwindling playerbase by introducing something no one asked for.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
CSGO is not good and this is just valve trying to keep the cash cow going on a game with a dwindling playerbase by introducing something no one asked for.
In your opinion, I'm not a CS guy but there's a reason the CS franchise has been around this long and been one of the pillars of steam.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I personally love CS; it's one of the more strategic shooters I've played and it promotes team work. The biggest problem I have is VAC is a piece of shit anti-cheat. It's horrible because it bans in waves.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
In your opinion, I'm not a CS guy but there's a reason the CS franchise has been around this long and been one of the pillars of steam.
Well I am a CS guy. I'm just not a CSGO guy. The reason CS was so good was because of the community. Valve barely had anything to do with it. CSGO is the result when you let Valve have full control, and it's a f***ing disaster. People have finally stopped drinking the kool-aid that Valve and Gabe Newell are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if you played CSGO through the years it would have been apparent a long time ago that Valve is very anti-community.

Edit: Their battle royale mode only has 18 players max too, which is just laughable.

Last edited:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I actually wish more games would go with small player counts for BR. Having 100 people leads to 30-40 minute matches which is way too long IMO. If a BR game is 10-15 minutes long, I would be way more likely to play. If you get hit with a bad circle or some kind of bad RNG late in a 10-15 minute round, it's not a big deal. If it happens after 30 minutes, you get pissed.

I'm not sure if I'll ever play CS:GO BR just because I'm not a fan of the gunplay in it and I'm sure I'll get destroyed by the people who just play it all day long but it's a welcome change to the BR scene.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
The BR mode is pretty fun imo. Quick 15-20 minute games with CS:GO gun mechanics. It's a nice distraction from the main 5v5 game and if it means more players, I'm all for it.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Outsider perspective, but I'm a little surprised they didn't go F2P awhile ago. It seemed like the economy of the game was based on skins, etc. anyway so why not build on the community by making it easily accessible? Makes sense to me anyway.

Well it sure wasn't me that asked for it, but I'm pretty sure we can assume this is false.

BR is the new hotness.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Outsider perspective, but I'm a little surprised they didn't go F2P awhile ago. It seemed like the economy of the game was based on skins, etc. anyway so why not build on the community by making it easily accessible? Makes sense to me anyway.

Well it sure wasn't me that asked for it, but I'm pretty sure we can assume this is false.

BR is the new hotness.
I honestly doubt it since CS is a tactical team-based shooter first and foremost. I'd expect this kind of BR mode to be a community mod, not an official game mode. Their BR mode is basically just FFA on a large FY map. Isn't the fun of battle royale having a ton of players on the same map? Seems lazy as hell on Valve's part.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I honestly doubt it since CS is a tactical team-based shooter first and foremost. I'd expect this kind of BR mode to be a community mod, not an official game mode. Their BR mode is basically just FFA on a large FY map. Isn't the fun of battle royale having a ton of players on the same map? Seems lazy as hell on Valve's part.

I have no idea what the fun of BR is honestly. :laugh:

I've heard people say the smaller maps/amount of players and quicker matches are a refreshing change, though.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I love strategy/sims where you need to build & manage finances (thinking of the old Sim games like City/Tower): Are there any games out there that anyone would recommend like that? Nothing super complicated, I don't have a ton of time to learn in depth mechanics, but a basic sim/building game. Not really concerned with what you are building, just looking for that kind of management game.

Any ideas/recommendations? Planet Coaster & Skylines from a year or 2 ago (when the last sim city fiasco happened) are a little too "much" for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad