Steals of the 2004 entry draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
what do you think was the best steal of the 2004 entry draft

personally I think robbie earl, dimitri vorobiev were pretty good steals on th leafs part.

vancouver snatching julien plante was decent steal also.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Schremp/Meszaros/Lepisto/McGrath

All these guys have the potential to definitely be steals from that draft.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Soderberg - 2nd
Fransson - 2nd
Callahan - 4th
Casey Borer - 3rd
Emil Axelsson - 7th

To me a 'steal' is not a guy taken in the 1st round.... usually not in the first 2, but I threw the Swedes in anyway :D

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Olesz
Schremp*
Soderberg*
Borer
Callahan
Hedman
Lepisto
MgGrath
Wolski
Meszaros*
Tukonen*
Schwarz*
Sindel
Lisin
Earl
Vorobiev*
Plante*
O'Neil
The ones with the asterik are potentially the biggest steals.
I think even though Olesz was picked high at 7th overall and the rest of the first rounders I had on my list who dropped to lower than they should've, I think they excellent players making them steals, still it's way too early to tell.

leafaholix*

X-SHARKIE said:
G Jason Churchill 4th round
F Torey Mitchell 4th round
F Steven Zalewski 5th round
D Michael Vernance 7th round.
Where are Torrey Mitchell and Steven Zalewski playing?

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
Johannes Salmonsson in the second round.
If he fills in a bit and gets over here to play in the AHL awhile. He looked pretty good in the tournament and over his shoulder injury.

CH Wizard

O'Neil in the fourth round , Schwarz ( I thought He'd go higher) , Mcgrath ( don't need to explain).

Last edited by a moderator:

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Roman Wick!!

anyone agree??

I'd have to agree, especially after seeing him in the World Juniors. Perhaps the top Swiss player although Romy may have something to say about that.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Remember the fuss about the wildcards Bahensky, Tomanek and Gracik at the time.. none of them have made an impact in the CHL..

Goligoski has impressed me, Krejci and Olvecky too..

Coyotes havent got any steals I'd say, just a pretty solid draft. Lisin is good I guess but a pretty well known guy. Its not like nobody knew who he was. The surprise could be Daniel Winnik from the 9th round who has really made a lot of progress at UNH.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
since ottawa fans are always the most cocky about their drafting ability, i will fill the role of team cheerleader
23 mezsaros-top player on a poor team in tourney, playing excellent for the giants
89 Glass- started for the best canadian junior team ever, excellent season in the W. Might not be a huge steal, but a very solid pickup.
122 Nikulin- Made a tough Russian team, played solid throughout. Playing, and putting up points for cska moscow
156 Wick- Best player on his team in the tourney, skilled player who is not nearly as soft as advertised.

Weller also looked pretty good as a checker in the tourney, so not a steal, just a solid draft choice.

This could turn out to be Ottawas best draft since 01, with emery spezza laich patil bochenski and gleason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad