WJC: Statsy's WJC Pool IV

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Sorry for the late update. The lack of sleep the past couple weeks really caught up with me today.

Standings (After Semis)

Rank | Team Name | Goals | Assists | Win Pts | SO Pts | Pool Points
1|Tade|17|26|6|2| 51 |
2|Khabby|12|31|4|2| 49 |
3|AwesomePanthers|17|23|4|0| 44 |
4|Huffman|14|19|6|0| 39 |
5|Canada4Gold|13|22|2|0| 37 |
6|WeThreeKings|12|13|8|4| 37 |
7|Statsy|10|21|2|0| 33 |
8|Tomsburninghat|7|18|2|2| 29 |

Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships. That's how things went today as four very offensive minded teams grinded out a pair of 2-1 games. Despite the low goal total, AwesomePanthers somehow managed to put together a pretty impressive 6 point day to all but seal up a medal. Tade managed to hang on to his two point lead at the top as he and Khabby each notched just a single today. Canada4Gold got some production today with 3 points to pull himself into a tie with WTK at 37 points. However, to answer an earlier query, the tiebreaker will be goals scored, which puts C4G into 5th spot. Statsy and Tomsburninghat both put up zeros as they continue to tank in hopes of a good draft position next year, apparently unaware of the lottery system in use.

With that all said, there's now just one day left, boys! Make it count.

Today's totals:

AwesomePanthers - 6
Canada4Gold - 3
Huffman - 2
Tade - 1
Khabby - 1
WeThreeKings - 1
Statsy - 0
Tomsburninghat - 0

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I'm looking for the moral victory...I'm shooting for 5 points tomorrow. Sweden should play Sandstrom and then my other boys will get some extra ice time :) Go Finland!
Five won't be enough. Puljujarvi isn't getting shut out twice in a row! Tom, you're going to end up in the basement just like that time you didn't turn on the light and thought you were going down the hallway and tumbled down the stairs almost killing yourself. Turns out that incident was a metaphor for this hockey pool. :laugh:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Medal now within reach! 2 points so far in the bronze game and hopefully Kahkonen starts, and wins.

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
Looks like Tade will pull away with this today, I dont stand a chance any more. I will say it was a good Haul for only having 9 Players, and a good Haul by Tade for drafting a bit later!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kempe - 2
Lagesson - 1
Dvorak - 2
Boeser - 1

6 pts with no Soderstrom. Can't really complain.

Now if Svechnikov and Kamenev light up the Fins, I might be able to strike for Bronze.

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
five won't be enough. Puljujarvi isn't getting shut out twice in a row! Tom, you're going to end up in the basement just like that time you didn't turn on the light and thought you were going down the hallway and tumbled down the stairs almost killing yourself. Turns out that incident was a metaphor for this hockey pool. :laugh:

wow!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Standings (Final)

Rank | Team Name | Goals | Assists | Win Pts | SO Pts | Pool Points G |Tade|18|31|8|2| 59 |
S |Khabby|13|33|4|2| 52 |
B |AwesomePanthers|19|25|4|0| 48 |
4|Huffman|15|23|8|0| 46 |
5|WeThreeKings|15|17|8|4| 44 |
6|Canada4Gold|14|24|2|0| 40 |
7|Statsy|10|23|2|0| 35 |
8|Tomsburninghat|9|20|2|2| 33 |

And we now have our final standings! Tade killed it once again with another big day, registering a pool best 8 points today when everything was on the line. Huffman and WeThreeKings also finished strongly with 7 points each. WTK leaps back into 5th place past C4G who only picked up 3 today. Khabby hangs on for the Silver with his 3 points as he crosses the half century mark. Tomsburninghat and Statsy both limp across the finish line with a pair of points. (Correction: Tomsburninghat with 4)

The Final day's numbers:

Tade - 8
Huffman - 7
WeThreeKings - 7
AwesomePanthers - 4
Tomsburninghat - 4
Khabby - 3
Canada4Gold - 3
Statsy - 2

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
As we wrap up another hum-drum WJC snooze-fest :)laugh:), I would like to send my thanks out to all our participants, and my congrats to our winners, Awesome Panthers for the Bronze, Khabby for the Silver and most importantly...

Tade for the Gold

I hope to see you guys all next year!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
BPS didn't win this year.... but the guy who replaced him after BPS missed a pick did even with that disadvantage. I guess that spot is just magical and will win every year :sarcasm:

Congrats tade, and thanks Statsy :)

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Yeah, I think I have replaced BigPapaSmurff (three-times winner :laugh:) more than well. I guess that I could dedicate this win to him, haha! :laugh:

This is such an unexpected win for me, I thought that my team will be one of the weakest here, at least before the start. :laugh: I had really good and lucky draft (Laine, Werenski, Nedeljkovic). The most important games for me were USA vs Switzerland, USA vs Czech republic, USA - Sweden bronze game and Finland's games that's for sure. Almost 60 points, damn.

But besides good drafting, I got lucky for W. Nylander injury, we would see Khabby on 1st place, most likely, if not for that injury. Need to give credit to Khabby, he did really good job without his top player and gave me a very good fight for gold. :) But yeah, that's part of this game. You have to be lucky to win this.

Sooo.. thank you guys! Congrats to Khabby and AwesomePanthers for medals.

And big thanks to Statsy for running this great fantasy draft! :) Had really good time here with you guys, would love to be back next year if possible. :)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I did better than I thought I would with my roster.. Especially since my second pick produced a big ****ing 0

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Thanks for a great fantasy pool guys. Really quick and good drafting, and exciting til the end. Thank you Statsy for running this pool so well. Great work!!

And a big congrats to Tade with the win, and Khabby with 2nd place. I'm happy to get a medal, and will be back next year to beat you guys. Cheers!

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Congrats Tade on a first year victory! Well deserved, you obviously have done your research! Congrats to Statsy as well for another well-run pool. Learn your Swedish goalies...I'll go learn my Swedish girls volleyball team :)

All the best in 2016!

See you next tournament!

Tomshatstillburning

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Congrats Tade on a first year victory! Well deserved, you obviously have done your research! Congrats to Statsy as well for another well-run pool. Learn your Swedish goalies...I'll go learn my Swedish girls volleyball team :)

All the best in 2016!

See you next tournament!

Tomshatstillburning

Thanks! Yeah all the best in 2016 guys, and in december I hope all of us are back here for next WJC and Statsy's fantasy draft. :) Cheers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad