News Article: Statement from the Ottawa Senators regarding Eugene Melnyk - MOD Warnings-#9 & #143

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durkin67

Leaf fan here with about as much admiration and affection for your club as you have for mine. But, that's not the issue today.

Mr. Melnyk is in need of immediate help. That's what matters. So, I've just prepared an application. Being a bit of a technophobe, I'd say that the response would likely have been greater to this cause if the application/screening procedure was streamlined.

Printing off, filling out and then scanning 12 pages is an unnecessary obstacle. It would have been great if the first option available was a fillable online form.

To top it off, I now have to go find a fax machine? seriously??

Anyway, along with the entire hockey community, I wish Eugene good health and a successful surgery.

PS if anyone knows of a simple online application process, you should have the Sens homepage admins post it ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

notdave

Apr 26, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I sent my donor application form in on Friday.

I just got a call from someone on the transplant team, and he said that they've found a donor and it's looking good.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I sent my donor application form in on Friday.

I just got a call from someone on the transplant team, and he said that they've found a donor and it's looking good.

That's great news for him and his family. Hope he can pull through.

littleD

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=768219

The Ottawa Senators organization is confirming that team owner, Eugene Melnyk, underwent a successful liver transplant today at Toronto General Hospital.

Mr. Melnyk went into surgery at noon today and the transplantation was successfully completed at 8:05 p.m.

Mr. Melnyk and the anonymous donor are both resting comfortably and doing well.

Othello*

Good news, hopefully this raised awareness for the 250 people awaiting a liver transplant In Ontario

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Good to hear on Melnyk, hopefully the medical team was able to find other matches for other donors based off of the other submitted applications. Try to save a few more lives.

And for those inspired by the story in Ontario, can register at BeADonor.ca, quick five minute process where they register your information for organ donation if you were to pass away

SenatorArmy*

Can anyone offer any insight on the recovery time for some thing like this ? Just kind of curious when we might see Melnyk back on his feet and giving a public statement

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Can anyone offer any insight on the recovery time for some thing like this ? Just kind of curious when we might see Melnyk back on his feet and giving a public statement

6-8 weeks I believe without lifting more than 20 pounds. I'm not being accurate but I did read up on it about a week ago or so.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
11263014_10153262513754477_2883420404105427615_n.jpg

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
maybe not a bad idea to help save a multi millionaire's life?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I really hope we get to read some beautiful stories on other people who have benefited from Melynks plea.

PinkPanther

Apr 5, 2007
Wow, that happened so quickly. What an incredible gift given by that donor. I don't know that I could be so brave. I honestly thought that the donor might back out because I've heard that often happens. I hope they both make a full recovery. Sending best wishes their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad