News Article: Statement from the Ottawa Senators regarding Eugene Melnyk - MOD Warnings-#9 & #143

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Wow. All the best to Mr. Melnyk.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=767640

[mod]
It goes without saying that this thread is to focus on Melynk's health issues.
Anyone using it to complain about Eugene or take shots will be dealt with accordingly.
Focus on the liver donation and Melynk's current health.
We don't need to discuss ownership issues in this thread.

Keep it classy.

Thanks.

[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Yeah, best wishes to him.

When you get to the point of publicly trying to find a donor, you know he's exhausted some of the more immediate options amongst friends and family. That's tough.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Wow. Get well soon, Eugene. Didn't think his absence was health related. This past year has been full of awful health related news in the Sens organization.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Wow. We all knew he looked very ill at the team picture, I guess this confirms it. Best wishes Eug.

Tough year for the Sens family.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It goes without saying that this thread is to focus on Melynk's health issues.

Anyone using it to complain about Eugene or take shots will be dealt with accordingly.

Keep it classy.

Last edited:

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
Wow - Best wishes Mr. Melnyk. Hope he gets better soon!!

What a year health wise for the Sens.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Hopefully he finds a donor and then uses his influence to help with the national donor registry.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Stu Mills ‏@StuMillsCBC 13m13 minutes ago
#Sens will hold a news conference at 4pm at CTC to update media about the search for a liver for Sens owner Eugene Melnyk

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
He looked really ill in his last pictures.

Best wishes.

CE_Mn01WMAIxnLa.jpg:large

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So If Melynk is a match for your liver would it be donated anonymously? Or would you know Melynk is the match.

ShoShaun19

Mar 30, 2012
Ottawa
wow, Sens management takes another hit. Sad to see, he definitely did not look well in the team pic, and I found it unusual he didn't make any appearances during playoff time. Sending best wishes out to him and GMBM

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
So If Melynk is a match for your liver would it be donated anonymously? Or would you know Melynk is the match.

Not sure in this specific instance but I believe with a live donor like this you know who it is going too...don't think live donors typically provide a liver for the general registry.

The note metrics aside it is major surgery and I don't believe you can donate again so if your kid or another family member could use it down the line...it is a very tough decision to make but I hope he finds one.

Best wishes to Mr. Melnyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad