Management State of the Bruins -Sweeney 5/18/22, Neely 5/19/22

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I look at it as wasted money, he threw away because he had it in his pocket just terrible asset management again by Sweeney. He could of filled all those positions with players from providence, and saved his cap space for a Center via trade. I just hope he's not around this off season, let alone next.

Well Sweeney tried the "give young D a chance" in 2020-21 and ultimately it didn't really work out. So not trying that again with the D made sense.

Who was coming up from Providence to fill those spots up front? Not one single player came up from Providence and forced the coaching staffs hands. Not one. Studnicka still looks overmatched at the NHL level. Steen had some nice spurts but I didn't seem some outcry that he wasn't dressed for the playoffs.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
But my issue is that, to my knowledge, Bruce wasn't the one who whiffed on FA signings and draft picks. If he somehow was and was holding a gun to Sweeney's head and telling him to make certain moves, then he deserves to get canned right now.
And my issue is that they had more talent than they did results this year and often seemed unprepared and tentative as a team. That’s on coach.

Besides, if you really want Sweeney gone then step one is a new coach. He likely won’t make it passed the next coach if they tumble with a future flawed roster.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad